Garmin Sat Nav wiring

T12

Reaction score
In the process of removing the Garmin wiring for the Zumo 550 the powered mount went in to this plug near the headlight.

d796d073c95b7772aeff549ce07bd5ef.jpg

d5dc7cabaf507406cb53dd3993c0fa40.jpg

Could someone confirm what it is? The replacement I have has the usual fused power connectors for the battery.

I’ve got to remove the rest of the Autocom and Autocom Bluetooth wiring that descends in to a snakes wedding beneath the fuel tank, but a simple power solution using that plug would be very useful and get the new powered mount up and running (different Zumo so different power plug, thanks Garmin!)

Is it a Canbus plug if so is it better to put the Satnav power through this and what’s the best way to get the 2 wires that would go to the battery in to the plug. The current plug has very narrow wires?

It’s a 2009 GS.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct. That’s a canbus connector. It’s a switched supply for things like sat nav.
Ideal for your new sat nav.

You can either cut that plug off your existing mount. But if existing mount is a BMW mount and you plan to sell it. Best leave it on.

These canbus plugs and short leads are readily available.
You can buy one, then solder and heat shrink to wiring on new mount.

https://www.nippynormans.com/f650gs...any-garmin-or-tomtom-gps-into-the-bmw-harness

Probably found cheaper elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom