Sena 20s rider and pillion able to listen to Bmw nav V sat nav and same music ?

bumble beemer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My wife and I are used to a wired Autocom connected via Bluetooth to a bmw nav V . It enables us to both listen to the same music as well as sat nav voice directions from the bmw nav v . The bonus of this system is that it reduces the music volume whenever there is spoken directions from the nav v .

Anyone aware if the Sena 20s works in the same way ?

Also, looking to buy a new bike with TFT screen . Any advantages to be gained for these functions via the TFT?

Thanks .

Sena 20S pillion music sharing

Hi
Just happened upon this post of yours - your situation sounds just like mine; we used to have autocomm pro hard-wired, but when I got a new GSA there wasn't room under the seat for the unit, so went the Sena 20S route.
Theoretically 'music sharing' should work to let pillion hear music from the Nav V but after over a year of trying I'm no closer to achieving this and am tearing my hair out! Got a big tour coming up next month and my pillion will not be impressed by an absence of music (or indeed audiobooks).
Sena's 'help' desk is useless.
I'm seriously considering going back to an autocomm wired system but as a stop-gap will get a headphone doubler and plug an iPod into the music sockets on the back of the 20S.
If you don't have a pillion the bluetooth connection to nav V and iPhone and 20S works well, but any intercom pairing on top of that causes problems.

Pair your phone to the GPS, then...

5.4.2 GPS Pairing as Mobile Phone
If a GPS is not only used for turn-by-turn voice instructions but also is your preferred Bluetooth stereo music source, you can pair the GPS to the 20S by following the simple procedures in “5.1 Mobile Phone Pairing"

5.1 Mobile Phone Pairing 5.1.1 General Mobile Phone Pairing 1. Turn on the 20S and press the Phone Button for 5 seconds until the LED flashes red and blue alternately and you hear multiple beeps. You will hear a voice prompt saying “Phone pairing”. 2. Search for Bluetooth devices on your mobile phone. Select the Sena 20S in the list of the devices detected on the mobile phone.
3. Enter 0000 for the PIN. Some mobile phones may not ask for the PIN. 4. The mobile phone confirms that pairing has completed and the 20S is ready to use. You will hear a voice prompt from the 20S saying “Your headset is paired”. 5. If the pairing process is not completed within three minutes, the 20S will return to stand-by mode.

8.3 Music Sharing You can start sharing music with an intercom friend using Bluetooth stereo music during a two-way intercom conversation. 1. Make sure that the antenna is flipped up. 2. Enter into a two-way intercom and press and hold the Jog Dial for one second to play music. 3. Press and hold the Jog Dial until you hear triple beeps and you will hear a voice prompt saying “Music sharing on”. 4. To track forward or track back, rotate while pressing down the Jog Dial clockwise or counter clockwise. 5. To terminate music sharing, press and hold the Jog Dial until you hear triple beeps and you will hear a voice prompt saying “Music sharing off”. Please refer to chapter 15 for more information on intercom connections.
Note: 1. Audio Multitasking must be enabled to use music sharing. Please refer to section 21.2 for more details on the Audio Multitasking feature. 2. Both you and your intercom friend can remotely control music playback during music sharing such as track forward and track back. 3. When you have an incoming call, make a phone call, or hear the turn-byturn voice instruction of GPS during music sharing, the function will be paused

14.1 Pairing with Other 20S Headsets for Intercom Conversation The 20S can be paired with up to nine other headsets for Bluetooth intercom conversation. 1. Turn on the two 20S headsets (A and B) that you would like to pair with each other. 2. There are two ways you can enter the two headsets into pairing mode. – Press and hold the Jog Dial of the headset A and B for 6 seconds until red LEDs of the both units start to flash rapidly. You will hear a voice prompt saying “Intercom pairing”. – Remove the two headsets from the clamps. Grab them with each hand and shake them simultaneously until the green LEDs of the both units start to flash rapidly. 3. Simply tap the Jog Dial of any one of the two headsets A or B (It doesn’t matter that you choose A or B.) and wait until the LEDs of both headsets turn to blue and intercom connection is automatically established. The two 20S headsets A and B are paired with each other for intercom conversation. If the pairing process is not completed within one minute, the 20S will return to stand-by mode

Hi, I have followed a pairing video for the 20s where he suggests the following sequence: pair Sena 20s to the mobile phone ( iPhone X in my case) by pressing phone button on the 20s for 5 seconds. Then once paired, pair the BMW Nav V to the 20s as second mobile phone by pressing the jog button for 6 sec and then the phone button until the voice says: "second mobile phone pairing". Then you go onto the NAV V and look for the Sena 20s and pair it.

Well this worked brilliant and all works well however I cannot dial my home number. It does not connect either by dialling using NAV V number pad or by pressing the "Call Home" button on the NAV V. All other numbers calls fine.

Anyone has had this issue that can enlighten me?

Thanks
Jorge

Back
Top Bottom