Puig touring screen... Too hot!

beaver

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've got a Puig screen on and I've taken about 30mm off the top as it was just a tad too big as I could not get any air flow into my lid at all even on low setting... having cut it down it works better, but just been out to Squires in this heat...
It works too well.. sat in the air bubble I was sweating like mad.. in fact, I think it pulls hot air up from the engine to keep you warm LOL
Need to go back to my standard one for now... even riding with my left hand on the mirror to try get some air flow up my sleeve..
its way too hot for me ... and we are off to France next month... how do you keep cool ???

I've got a Puig screen on and I've taken about 30mm off the top as it was just a tad too big as I could not get any air flow into my lid at all even on low setting... having cut it down it works better, but just been out to Squires in this heat...
It works too well.. sat in the air bubble I was sweating like mad.. in fact, I think it pulls hot air up from the engine to keep you warm LOL
Need to go back to my standard one for now... even riding with my left hand on the mirror to try get some air flow up my sleeve..
its way too hot for me ... and we are off to France next month... how do you keep cool ???

a6446d53ca7785bc4657fd180fc4a085.jpg

Easiest way to keep cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same screen and find the same in the summer. I just put OEM screen back on in the warmer months. Takes 10 mins so I don’t find it a problem.

How do you keep cool? BMW Airflow suit. Bought mine 15 yrs ago, still fits, just! 27 degrees heading to Nurnberg no problem. Heading to Dover first thing was a bit nippy so I just put a lightweight casual jacket on top to cut down the airflow. I really feel for the fully leathered/Rukka'd riders I see.

Mesh gear is fantastic, with my old Triumph mesh jacket on it feels like I'm only wearing a T Shirt. Remove the screen too.

Ok... So I'm years behind on gear... Mesh? I will have to look.... Cheers

I took my Puig screen off and put my std one back one for a tour of Portugal and Spain during late May/Early June - big mistake. Rained for half the time and mostly well below 20c

I do love the screen on 'Normal' days... but its far too hot this weather... mind you... Its I'm sweating before I get on the bike in this temp!...
Will have a look at this mesh stuff... ;)

Wet t-shirt, under your normal jacket

:D

I do love the screen on 'Normal' days... but its far too hot this weather... mind you... Its I'm sweating before I get on the bike in this temp!...

Like you I find the screen is superb but on past experience changed back to stock screen before a recent France trip. It hit 37* on a few days and was glad of the extra air flow. Mesh jacket is to be purchased towards the end of summer ready for next year though. The Puig will go back on the bike in September, after all only a five minute job to switch them.

Eh lad even in Yorkshire you will find progress since you first bought your gabardine oilskin!

On a more serious note Jeffries Shiply we’re doing 50% off Airflow Jackets , made them £180 from memory. Could have all gone with the prolonged hot spell we have had , but might be worth a ring. They did have Rallye suits in at 50% but not in the same league for venting

Steve

You know me too well :) as thats the price level I like... not great on protection however...

was looking at these last night https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RKSports...var=451064238314&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Did call in Jeffries the other day, but nothing going cheap....

Looks good but these little jackets are great, many on the forum bought them, buy one size bigger if you want to use the washing board back protector that comes with it, I am size XXL, bit would need XXXL if the board stayed in otherwise perfect fit without the board, comes with liners and everything.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Weise-Ai...itm=252496614315&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

Bugger only size S left

Any photos of the screen on the bike please?

Nothing recent since I cut it down.. why do you ask?

On the jacket.. its the exact same cut / design as the link I put up... so I'm guessing they are the same thing?...

Also try removing the winglets at this time of year. Just gives a little more airflow around the torso at this time of year.

Also try removing the winglets at this time of year. Just gives a little more airflow around the torso at this time of year.

its a GS not GSA.. but think you mean the bits either side of the clocks?.. I'll see if I can take them off and try it but think they also hold on the mini screen

its a GS not GSA.. but think you mean the bits either side of the clocks?.. I'll see if I can take them off and try it but think they also hold on the mini screen

Sorry, thought it was a GSA. And yes I mean the winglets, rather than the other plastic bits. Could always try it without a screen full Stop?

Back
Top Bottom