Puig touring screen... Too hot!

combination of the original screen and a mesh jacket should do the job :beerjug:

Nothing recent since I cut it down.. why do you ask?

Only because I have screen decisions to make and I wanted to understand/view the actual screen in question. Can't beat a "real" photo, not some advert generic shot.

Only because I have screen decisions to make and I wanted to understand/view the actual screen in question. Can't beat a "real" photo, not some advert generic shot.

Ok.. remember, I've cut 30mm off the top of this and re-finished it... I'm 6' and even on low setting, I was always in the bubble and could not see in front of the bike (which I don't like) for about 5 meters.. with 30mm off it, I can be in the draft, or I can tuck in and be out of it.. or adjust the screen up a turn for the motorway.... I can also see until about 2 meters in front of the wheel so stones in the road, wood, holes etc, that I could not see before.

Attachments

• IMG_20180709_220216.jpg
    IMG_20180709_220216.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_20180709_220157.jpg
    IMG_20180709_220157.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_20180709_220116.jpg
    IMG_20180709_220116.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 247
soak a wicking top and neckerchief in cold water just as you set off. I find that with my jacket zips open it takes around 50 mins of riding in 28-31 degrees until it dries out. then pull over and repeat.
looks a bit odd at petrol stations but i don`t care, its worth it. It turns a miserable journey into a pleasant one.

soak a wicking top and neckerchief in cold water just as you set off. I find that with my jacket zips open it takes around 50 mins of riding in 28-31 degrees until it dries out. then pull over and repeat.
looks a bit odd at petrol stations but i don`t care, its worth it. It turns a miserable journey into a pleasant one.

may give that a go :beerjug:.. its 28 deg already today :)

Do the mesh jacket thing. I managed to convince myself to join the 21st century this summer and bought a RevIt version. Bit more money than the Weise but has a nice quality feel and an internal liner. Shoulder and elbow armour (new fangled thin stuff with ventilation holes) and a nice back protector as well...but that cost another 25 notes. Very happy bunny...all rides now a pleasure in this heat, but still not wise to stand around gassing in it, as its black.

Do the mesh jacket thing. I managed to convince myself to join the 21st century this summer and bought a RevIt version. Bit more money than the Weise but has a nice quality feel and an internal liner. Shoulder and elbow armour (new fangled thin stuff with ventilation holes) and a nice back protector as well...but that cost another 25 notes. Very happy bunny...all rides now a pleasure in this heat, but still not wise to stand around gassing in it, as its black.

done it... and it works well.... just not sure how it would stand up in a fall... however.. at least I can see now without sweat in my eyes so guess thats safer anyway... :)

In Switzerland this week-end it was boiling hot, used the streetguard jacket, kept me cool when riding, and when stopped had to take it off, but certainly did not get dehydrated, stopped that hot air drying me out.

In Switzerland this week-end it was boiling hot, used the streetguard jacket, kept me cool when riding, and when stopped had to take it off, but certainly did not get dehydrated, stopped that hot air drying me out.

Do you wear a base layer? We get many days over 35c, and some over 40c, here in summer and a good base layer helps immensely. Mine is a Rukka Max Seamless and quite happy with it.

Do you wear a base layer? We get many days over 35c, and some over 40c, here in summer and a good base layer helps immensely. Mine is a Rukka Max Seamless and quite happy with it.

Nope but should have, just had a teeshirt underneath, but cool enough on the bottom of the passes, and warm enough when it got colder at the top of a few of them.

Nope but should have, just had a teeshirt underneath, but cool enough on the bottom of the passes, and warm enough when it got colder at the top of a few of them.

T-shirts are terrible for temperature regulation. Go with a base layer, you won't regret it. Rukka make a cold weather climate version too.

Another good brand is x-bionic.

I only started using base layers a few years ago and one of the best changes I ever made for riding comfort.

T-shirts are terrible for temperature regulation. Go with a base layer, you won't regret it. Rukka make a cold weather climate version too.

Another good brand is x-bionic.

I only started using base layers a few years ago and one of the best changes I ever made for riding comfort.

Will give it a try. :thumby:

Good advice from down under, where the natives know a thing or two about hot.

Good advice from down under, where the natives know a thing or two about hot.

Last couple summers and been brutally hot, I saw more than a few days of 44c. Ironically it's been cold here in the mornings, i.e. 0c, the lowest daytime temps have been around 16c but today was 20c. Hopefully not too much more of this but we're only halfway through winter.

Back
Top Bottom