whats done at 6k service

80?/140 is also available. i used it in the final drive and gearbox of my 2009 gs. made for quieter running and better gearchange. yes i know the wc gearbox uses the engine oil.

Just tell you what BMW specify for the final drive in the liquid cooled boxer

Why the large text?

It's the same as those that think undelining is required to ensure all can read...

Someone craving attention. I suspect he was bullied as a child, or has a small penis or some other issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just hoping nobody believed any of your bollocks.

Why is that, is it just that as you don’t have the knowledge and experience so it can’t possibly be true? Or is that that you know it all, being a cockwomble armchair expert.

I'm just hoping nobody believed any of your bollocks.

If you recall my comments, I said that changing the fluid at 6000 miles, in my opinion is a rip off. I then further explained why I hold that view, based on knowledge and experience.

Please explain why you think what I said is bollocks?

Also please explain why brake fluid is changed?

Then explain why different vehicle manufacturers have different mileage and age to change brake fluid.

If you cannot explain the above, then clearly your opinion is worthless.

My point is my view is based on facts, whereas your derogatory comments are based on what exactly.

If you are going to call out people, at least have a credible argument or else keep your gob shut.

If you recall my comments, I said that changing the fluid at 6000 miles, in my opinion is a rip off. I then further explained why I hold that view, based on knowledge and experience.

Please explain why you think what I said is bollocks?

Also please explain why brake fluid is changed?

Then explain why different vehicle manufacturers have different mileage and age to change brake fluid.

If you cannot explain the above, then clearly your opinion is worthless.

My point is my view is based on facts, whereas your derogatory comments are based on what exactly.

If you are going to call out people, at least have a credible argument or else keep your gob shut.

What facts have you provided? You and your mates in a garage is not "facts" chief

What facts have you provided? You and your mates in a garage is not "facts" chief

Oh so it didn’t happen, so my engineering qualifications don’t count, so the test equipment was wrong.

So come on big man, explain the reason for changing brake fluid and explain difference between the change points from different manufacturers. I suspect you are not able to. Come on give some credibility to your big gob.

Oh so it didn’t happen, so my engineering qualifications don’t count, so the test equipment was wrong.

So come on big man, explain the reason for changing brake fluid and explain difference between the change points from different manufacturers. I suspect you are not able to. Come on give some credibility to your big gob.

Is it possible that different size callipers, discs, differing amounts of fluid in the system, varying types of ABS differing calliper makers etc could have an effect on fluid temperature and water absorption ?

This could explain the differing makers service recommendations
i do think that 12 months or 6000 miles is a rip off

Just wondering

Nope.....you have zero credibility against the manufacturers champ.

Is it possible that different size callipers, discs, differing amounts of fluid in the system, varying types of ABS differing calliper makers etc could have an effect on fluid temperature and water absorption ?

This could explain the differing makers service recommendations
i do think that 12 months or 6000 miles is a rip off

Just wondering

Indeed. However I would say as most manufacturers use the same abs systems and callipers there isn’t any real difference.

The reason for brake fluid changes is partly historical and partly due to the need to have a change point somewhere in the service schedule.

Brake fluid is hygroscopic generally, although with modern fluids less so, so the risk remains that the fluid can absorb moisture. The problem with water is that it boils at a relatively low temperature compared to the brake fluid (which is just an oil with additives). In cases of extreme or consistent braking the temperature of the fluid is raised, and this can lead to boiling if any vapour in the system and subsequently affects the braking effect.

The other issue with moisture in the system is that it can cause corrosion of the internal components, however this is extremely rare.

Essentially, and what my view is based on, is that different manufacturers place different requirements on when to change the fluid, yet the components and circumstances are similar. Therefor to do a complete fluid change at 6000 miles, in my opinion is a rip off, especially considering some vehicle manufacturers are saying 10 years or more.

It is just my opinion and I have no issue with others not agreeing. However some on here are arguing without having any basis or knowledge from what I can see, about the point they are arguing.

Nope.....you have zero credibility against the manufacturers champ.

So there we have. You cannot even substantiate your position. One thing for sure is I have more credibility than you do. How many tests have you conducted on brake fluid. How many braking systems have you examined, taken apart and rebuilt. I suspect none. Clearly you are a cockwomble of immense proportions.

They say you can’t reason with stupid and drunk stupid is even worse, so please don’t start drinking and try not to breed.

So there we have. You cannot even substantiate your position. One thing for sure is I have more credibility than you do. How many tests have you conducted on brake fluid. How many braking systems have you examined, taken apart and rebuilt. I suspect none. Clearly you are a cockwomble of immense proportions.

They say you can’t reason with stupid and drunk stupid is even worse, so please don’t start drinking and try not to breed.

I don't need to as the manufacturers have done it for me. I'll tell you for the third time now buddy...take your holy war on brake fluid to the manufacturers. Of course you will get laughed out of the building for the joke you are, actually can you film it please? That would make for some great entertainment

I don't need to as the manufacturers have done it for me. I'll tell you for the third time now buddy...take your holy war on brake fluid to the manufacturers. Of course you will get laughed out of the building for the joke you are, actually can you film it please? That would make for some great entertainment

Really. Who said anything about a war. My view is that it’s a rip off. Does it bother me enough to do anything about nope, same as many things are a rip off in life but aren’t worth fighting.

What this debate has shown is that you like to argue for the sake of arguing without any knowledge of the point you are arguing, which demonstrates you are a cockwomble. Like I said don’t breed, although with your personality I don’t expect anyone would want to get close to you.

It's a fucking con. Accept it as such and move on or, don't bother having it done by your dealer until later on in the vehicle's life :D

Exactly. I've had 4 new GSs and have never had the brake fluid changed at service time, the dealer has never queried it when I've declined to have it done. :thumb

The focus has been on 6K miles. There is no mentioning of time since the last time the brake fluid was changed. BMW says 2 years or 20K km, whatever comes first.

I have no detailed knowledge about brake-fluids beyond what I can read. But in my mind I find it senseless to risk corrosion in the ABS merely to save a few quid on maintenance.

There is an old saying that says it expensive to live cheap.

Claiming that the factory specify a certain interval of changing anything merely to rip us off is to me an silly argument, as is name calling and personal attacks.

Any one is free to do (or not do) whatever they like to their bike. Just don't sell the bike to me afterwards.

Really. Who said anything about a war. My view is that it’s a rip off. Does it bother me enough to do anything about nope, same as many things are a rip off in life but aren’t worth fighting.

What this debate has shown is that you like to argue for the sake of arguing without any knowledge of the point you are arguing, which demonstrates you are a cockwomble. Like I said don’t breed, although with your personality I don’t expect anyone would want to get close to you.

Bump :popcorn:D

The focus has been on 6K miles. There is no mentioning of time since the last time the brake fluid was changed. BMW says 2 years or 20K km, whatever comes first.

I have no detailed knowledge about brake-fluids beyond what I can read. But in my mind I find it senseless to risk corrosion in the ABS merely to save a few quid on maintenance.

There is an old saying that says it expensive to live cheap.

Claiming that the factory specify a certain interval of changing anything merely to rip us off is to me an silly argument, as is name calling and personal attacks.

Any one is free to do (or not do) whatever they like to their bike. Just don't sell the bike to me afterwards.

Manufacturers/dealers do like to change things before they’re worn out and brake pads & discs seem to be one of the favourites.

My car brake pad warning light came on last week with a message stating drive very carefully to am authorised dealer to have your brake pads changed. When I looked at them, there was at least 50% of the friction material remaining. I don’t mind paying to have things replaced when needed but take exception to doing so a long time before it’s needed.

A few years ago, I had a Triumph Street Tripple which was quite late having its first service carried out because it hadn’t been used much. Three months and around 100 mikes later the bike was a year old and the dealer insisted on changing the oil and filter to keep the guarantee running and told me if I didn’t have it done the guarantee would become void.

Bloody rip off in my opinion. What’s going to happen to oil in 100miles and three months. What a complete waste of time and money

Back
Top Bottom