Akro Titanium Headers

ec982c3450f1faed7393279a37406287.jpg

Nice crud catcher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mixed messages on this one, some say the ECU will cope and others say the same as you. What to do :blast

Get it mapped. The ECU will only cope when it's in closed-loop mode, i.e. using data from the Lambda sensors.

Get it mapped. The ECU will only cope when it's in closed-loop mode, i.e. using data from the Lambda sensors.

I thought the lambda sensors are still there in the akro headers and sending the data. However when I had the full system I got mine hilltopped and was very pleased with the results. On my current one just have the akro 4 end can, and so far have resisted.

Is this effectively “just” a cat delete?

I thought the lambda sensors are still there in the akro headers and sending the data. However when I had the full system I got mine hilltopped and was very pleased with the results. On my current one just have the akro 4 end can, and so far have resisted.

I am resisting too Frank, the sensors are still in place and loving the new lease of life. All previous bikes have gone to Geoff, Hey Geoff if you're reading this let me know your opinion mate.

Best
Shaun

I am resisting too Frank, the sensors are still in place and loving the new lease of life. All previous bikes have gone to Geoff, Hey Geoff if you're reading this let me know your opinion mate.

Best
Shaun

Didn't spot you at Garmisch Shaun, did you go ? I am still down in Pfunds, Austria having a great time

Mixed messages on this one, some say the ECU will cope and others say the same as you. What to do :blast

I would get it hilltopped. When I fitted some akra headers for a friends 15,000ml GS it looked like it had been snorting coke, the exhaust valves/ports were white and dusty, a sure sign of lean running, thats before the headers were fitted but with the Akea end can.

I thought the lambda sensors are still there in the akro headers and sending the data.

They're not wideband sensors so the system only runs in closed-loop mode at relatively low revs and throttle openings. Above that it goes into open loop and fuels from the map + trims. If the fuelling requirements are outside those parameters it will run much too lean. They already run very lean even on the standard exhaust system.

Right on the basis of this advice about lean running I'm booked in at Hilltop tomorrow for a re-map. Geoff told me to avoid constant engine speeds and not to give it 'the beans' until its re-mapped as the Euro4 engine is already running lean before the Akro de-cat is taken into account.

Good advice from all. However as I'm sure Arsey knows getting the bike to HillTop from Jersey is an expensive modification. I appreciate that I can send just the ECU but that would leave me without transport for the time it takes to get lost in the post.....

Yes you are! It’s easy enough and there’s enough superb support on this forum. The XiED unit (not that I’ve ever had one) will be superb I’m sure or the RapidBike Easy unit (which I do and use myself) is good - either will change your AFR and should get it running less lean. If I can ever help with (just) advice feel free otherwise and as I said - there’s masses of great support available on the forum.

And although I’ve never used Hilltop myself I’m sure they are absolutely brilliant at what they do!

Back
Top Bottom