Akro Titanium Headers

Prawnini

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Took out a mortgage and purchased the Titanium Headers, what a difference they make. It feels as if its breathing properly and is now a very spirited ride, better in all ways.

Anyone got photos of theirs to have a blue-off and see how blue they go?

I'll start you off
28f6d29b0460d75d1d800980c49465f0.jpg
574c9df450eb21043916bf944b9923a1.jpg
ce8669bf094e3e264b5941425d6943b9.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Those are very high on my list of things to do to my bike. I will have to save a few bob first. Maybe father Christmas will be kind. Great to hear that they do make a difference. I'm not interested in changing the end can. just the headers.

did your insurance company charge you more? or are they undeclared.

Serious question as I would like to remove the cat.

Also is your bike hilltopped?

I told them I had an Akro exhaust at purchase, and no not this one i felt it was good enough for my use. All my previous ones have been but tbh the jury is out whether it made any real difference.....

I have the HP end can too :bounce1

Here’s mine......

The Rallye HAS to have titanium headers, as the blue matches the frame! :green gri

Attachments

• 965097AA-F1F1-447F-A165-9A27588F75FF.jpg
    965097AA-F1F1-447F-A165-9A27588F75FF.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 596
Love the idea, but just to throw a cat or de-cat amongst the pigeons, would BMW void the warranty in case of engine problems with this, I know when I took the changed the headers on my fatbob the engine ran a lot cooler.

Love the idea, but just to throw a cat or de-cat amongst the pigeons, would BMW void the warranty in case of engine problems with this, I know when I took the changed the headers on my fatbob the engine ran a lot cooler.
BMW fitted mine...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

They make the bike run so much smoother. Best mod I’ve done to the GS. Think if I was doing it again I’d probably stick with the standard silencer and just change the headers.

They make the bike run so much smoother. Best mod I’ve done to the GS. Think if I was doing it again I’d probably stick with the standard silencer and just change the headers.

Just the sort of thing I wanted to hear. Many thanks for all your input. My plan is change the headers and keep the OE end can.

Good plan I’d say. The Akro can weighs the same more or less as the standard. They both make a lovely noise but changing the headers removes the cat and exhaust valve. This removes the hesitation transitioning through 5k rpm and seems to make the bike run a lot smoother and want to rev faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had my dealer fit mine, and they were happy to do so ;)

Go On Nutty.... Admit it. You do miss it. Just a bit.

Nope, not at all. Ok, maybe a little bit!:D

But not enough to buy another one!:aidan

I fitted my Akro headers today - the bike certainly sounds better! (at least to me!). Still trying to work out how to make the junction twixt Remus can and Akro headers look a bit tidier.

No blueing as yet though....

My number plate seems to be suffering though!

Make sure you get the fuelling re-mapped , as changing the headers and junking the cat will make it run very lean .

Have you had a bump on the head? You're actually being helpful :eek::D

Make sure you get the fuelling re-mapped , as changing the headers and junking the cat will make it run very lean .

Mixed messages on this one, some say the ECU will cope and others say the same as you. What to do :blast

Back
Top Bottom