Klim Traverse trousers - anyone tried them ?

Joe narvey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone tried this traverse trousers ? Are they waterproof, flexible around groin when seated ? Fit Over boots reasonable ? Do they lock to the jacket ? Stay high on the back when seated?

Thanks in advance for any real experience .

Anyone tried this traverse trousers ? Are they waterproof, flexible around groin when seated ? Fit Over boots reasonable ? Do they lock to the jacket ? Stay high on the back when seated?

Thanks in advance for any real experience .

Yes to all - apart from zipping to jacket.

I've worn a Traverse suit all the way to Deadhorse in the pissing rain, all the way round the Westfjords of Iceland in the cold and wind and all the way from Cape Town to Victoria Falls in the blazing sun. It's never let the rain in (bit baggy round the neck mind) and is surprisingly well ventilated in the heat.

Troos probably better than jacket. They fit big though. Mine are only 34" waist and I'm a generous 36" in the real world...

What's not to like? (apart from no zip to jacket!)

Yes to all - apart from zipping to jacket.

I've worn a Traverse suit all the way to Deadhorse in the pissing rain, all the way round the Westfjords of Iceland in the cold and wind and all the way from Cape Town to Victoria Falls in the blazing sun. It's never let the rain in (bit baggy round the neck mind) and is surprisingly well ventilated in the heat.

Troos probably better than jacket. They fit big though. Mine are only 34" waist and I'm a generous 36" in the real world...

What's not to like? (apart from no zip to jacket!)

That’s great thanks. I’m not obsessed with the zip to jacket, I just don’t want builder bum when I sit down, especially in the rain.

I've been using a pair for years for trail riding.

Only down side is the velcro at the bottom of the legs either breaks the stitching or simply becomes weak after all the dirt ingress, that's easily overcome by fixing some heavy duty pop studs.......because using gaffa tape becomes a pain. :)

I've been using a pair for years for trail riding.

Only down side is the velcro at the bottom of the legs either breaks the stitching or simply becomes weak after all the dirt ingress, that's easily overcome by fixing some heavy duty pop studs.......because using gaffa tape becomes a pain. :)

Thanks Tim.

Back
Top Bottom