what’s done at the 24,000 mile service

ymfb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Moving on from the similarly titled what’s done at the 6k service thread, my 18,000 mile service was only a couple of months ago and after a busy early summer followed by our Italian jaunt I almost certainly need the mighty steed serviced before we head off to the Picos in September.

At the 18k they did the front suspension/fork recall work.

Is there anything else I can look forward to or is it just a basic service ?

How old is the bike?

Some parts are time related, not mileage related.

Cough* Brake Fluid

Moving on from the similarly titled what’s done at the 6k service thread, my 18,000 mile service was only a couple of months ago and after a busy early summer followed by our Italian jaunt I almost certainly need the mighty steed serviced before we head off to the Picos in September.

At the 18k they did the front suspension/fork recall work.

About to start my 24000 service and will grease drive shaft splines along side the usual.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

About to start my 24000 service and will grease drive shaft splines along side the usual.

The bod's question was:
what’s done at the 24,000 mile service

In other words, he wants to know what makes up
the usual

Presumably you are in a position to tell him? Or do you just want to tell the world you are greasing your shaft?

There is always one arse who thinks he is smart. As stated I was suggesting that the splines need doing along with usual oil , filters pad etc. It is not rocket science. Oh I typed this slowly in the hope you understand what was being said .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rear pads were changed at 18,000 for the first time, other than that it’s only had standard servicing along with any updates and recalls

Hi YMFB..just had mine done £379, like a new bike, lots smoother, cannot believe the difference, it's a 15 plate GSA.

They did everything etc.

TD

:thumb2

There is always one arse who thinks he is smart. As stated I was suggesting that the splines need doing along with usual oil , filters pad etc. It is not rocket science. Oh I typed this slowly in the hope you understand what was being said .

It is to the OP, or at least a matter of some importance. Of course, if he was really troubled, he could have asked the dealership who performed the 18000 mile service not so long ago. But hey, he asked here and you didn’t help.

The bod's question was:

In other words, he wants to know what makes up

Presumably you are in a position to tell him? Or do you just want to tell the world you are greasing your shaft?

:jes 🤣

I asked here, knowing full well there would be a diverse range of responses from the facts to the complete load of bollox, I’m not disappointed :D

I have every confidence that as previously CW at Dorchester will do a great job and won’t let me down.

You can look forward to your wallet being emptied of 400 notes

Just change oil and filter and leave the rest. Is it really going to need anything else or just BMW recommend ations

I asked here, knowing full well there would be a diverse range of responses from the facts to the complete load of bollox, I’m not disappointed :D

I have every confidence that as previously CW at Dorchester will do a great job and won’t let me down.

Be sure to report what they do; it’ll be of great interest to the next bod who clocks up 24,000. A copy of the bill and its supporting checklist will earn you extra bonus points.

Also be sure to include the price charged, whether you haggled, supplied your own oil, got a free courtesy vehicle and biscuits, had the bike cleaned and whether you secretly marked key components, so as to ensure they had been worked on. This will enable fellow bikermates to rate your experience, compare it with their own (or what their mate told them) and chastise you if and as required; sucking of teeth and shaking of heads, naturally.

Back
Top Bottom