what’s done at the 24,000 mile service

Be sure to report what they do; it’ll be of great interest to the next bod who clocks up 24,000. A copy of the bill and its supporting checklist will earn you extra bonus points.

Also be sure to include the price charged, whether you haggled, supplied your own oil, got a free courtesy vehicle and biscuits, had the bike cleaned and whether you secretly marked key components, so as to ensure they had been worked on. This will enable fellow bikermates to rate your experience, compare it with their own (or what their mate told them) and chastise you if and as required; sucking of teeth and shaking of heads, naturally.

Should I add the booking process, loan bike and give each aspect a rating from 1-6, with 6 being extremely satisfied?

You can look forward to your wallet being emptied of 400 notes

Just change oil and filter and leave the rest. Is it really going to need anything else or just BMW recommend ations

I’d always change the final drive oil at the same time as the engine oil. Mine looked really shitty after 11k miles so doing it after 6k in the interests of making the FD last longer seems worth it.

How old is the bike?

Some parts are time related, not mileage related.

Cough* Brake Fluid

Yep. My 63 plate was oil/filter/FD oil and brake fluid!

Lind didn't charge for the brake fluid change as it wasn't quoted and the bike would have exceeded the time or mileage for the fluid at the next service.

Back
Top Bottom