Tyres

Yogibear69

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Some help please. I need some new tyres soon and after various threads I think I will try some roadtec 01 and see how it goes, but I was hoping to get the tyres done in a couple of months but after this may need to do sooner. Did 400 miles on a hot Saturday this week and my anikee 3 have developed a line all the way round on both front and rear tyres. It’s not a split as such but you can feel it with your nail. What do you guys think it is, tyre splitting or just hot weather riding ??
Any help would be good
Will put some photos up later
Thanks

Some help please. I need some new tyres soon and after various threads I think I will try some roadtec 01 and see how it goes, but I was hoping to get the tyres done in a couple of months but after this may need to do sooner. Did 400 miles on a hot Saturday this week and my anikee 3 have developed a line all the way round on both front and rear tyres. It’s not a split as such but you can feel it with your nail. What do you guys think it is, tyre splitting or just hot weather riding ??
Any help would be good
Will put some photos up later
Thanks

That line is perfectly normal for Anakee 3

If you mean on either side of the tyre about 12 inches apart that is normal, just ride a bit harder and they will go away, and will not annoy you...........

I wish it was just the line an inch from the edge ;-)
here are some pictures

Attachments

• trye 2.jpg
    trye 2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 617
  • tyre 1.jpg
    tyre 1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 633
Mine have the same line in the centre of front and rear, as said earlier perfectly normal.

The bands of unused rubber are not on mine.:D

Correction on my tyres gave them a good raz in Switzerland and the Dolomites, and have the same lines now, so totally normal.

You’ll love the roadtec01’s....... far better than annakee111’s IMHO
But then again, you may hate them as tyres are very subjective.

Good luck

I am going for Mich Road Pilot 4 when my Ank 3's wear out.
Road Pilots are just great road tyres and I don't do off road.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I did not think I was doing offroad until we hit the Kunkelspass, fully loaded and 2 up, then was glad I had at the very least A3,s

Yogi.... I do feel for you. I was on tour in Ireland when I noticed the same and with the help of this forum my fears were dispelled and the "lines" were perfectly normal. That said I did change them for Conti Road Attack 3's and oh boy what a difference in grip, noise and for me performance in the wet.
All the best....

Back
Top Bottom