RiDE guide to Spain and Portugal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks pretty good.

Screen shot of the opening page, along with the areas covered.

78321579cd8b54898cc4abba2b1f9144.png

9f8c353f640d79f0ebabdaa7c8261f1f.png

31842de4202b184aa063692db3ebed91.png

Along with just a sample from the section on the ever popular Pyrenees:

ec13a01aac9fcc801703230dacc641d0.png

7924c8bda01199e8c520fd0142e6448e.png

Are all the routes perfect? No, of course not. Not least as the magazine is limited for space and has to cater for all sorts of skill levels, confidences, time available, riding preferences and machines ridden. Are they good enough for a holiday, requiring nothing more than a download to a gps device and (hopefully) a bit of imagination? Most definitely, yes.

For a couple of quid spent in WHSmith, is it worth it? Again, definitely yes.

Thanks. No, to be honest I just briefly looked for a separate issue like the 'Spain' & 'Great Ride' ones.
Pages 125 thro’ 184 so it comes right at the back of the Readly edition. You maybe got bored before you got there, perhaps?

Not included with the copy I got in my local Spar in Dublin - anyone else in Ireland missing it? Did they include it in Irish copies?

In fairness, that’s not too difficult.

But it’s full of just the sort of things that exercise the minds of so many bikermates on these pages. “What’s the best gloves?”, “I have three days off and want to go to.... um.... I’m not sure, someone tell me”, “What’s the latest news on tyres?”, “Anyone got any ideas on what cool gear there is about, as my bollox is swimming”, “I hear the 2019 bike is going to be offered in red and the sidestand will be electric or taken away”.....

PS The mag’s touring suggestions and efforts to make it simple (and many do need it made very simple, believe me) are to be applauded.

PS The mag’s touring suggestions and efforts to make it simple (and many do need it made very simple, believe me) are to be applauded.

Agreed. Once you scroll past the 374,822,712 adverts, there are some hidden gems in there.:beerjug:

But it’s full of just the sort of things that exercise the minds of so many bikermates on these pages. “What’s the best gloves?”, “I have three days off and want to go to.... um.... I’m not sure, someone tell me”, “What’s the latest news on tyres?”, “Anyone got any ideas on what cool gear there is about, as my bollox is swimming”, “I hear the 2019 bike is going to be offered in red and the sidestand will be electric or taken away”.....

I concur!

One of the issues with some bike magazines is that you can literally read them in 20 minutes.

I have purchased most of them, but i do prefer ride magazine! its a difficult job catering for beginners and experienced readers.

If you subscribe its a cheap option, my children like it as they pay for the subscription for my birthday. (nice and easy and little thought required!) Its the gift that keeps on giving lol

Picked up a copy today. :) Big thanks to Simon for doing a cracking job in putting all the routes together and adding the snippets of places to stay and visit. Looking forward to adopting some of the routes on my next visit to Spain and Portugal. :beerjug:

And a nice little thank-you to Wapping at the end :thumb

Well, well, well. I'm not an NIMBY but as we're about to move into our cottage in the Pyrenees full-time in September I'm mightily glad to see that 'our' road, which is beyond doubt the best in the Pyrenees as long as you're nt driving up and down it to do the shopping when dozens and dozens of nutters ride around all of the blind bends in the middle of the carriageway, isn't on any of the RIDE Routes.

screen-shot-2018-07-24-at-12-07-33.png

So a big 'Thank You' to Simon W but possibly not for the usual reasons! :)

Regs

Simon

I PM'd SimonW and emailed RIDE magazine, but no response so far. I've inquired at local newsagents, none of whom seem to even know about the supplement.

SimonW - if you cast your eye over this thread, can you have a copy of this supplement sent to me?

Or if anyone has a copy surplus to requirements could you send it to me? I'll pay - not looking for free handout.

TIA. :thumb2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom