Cardio pack talk update 4.2

grimo

Reaction score
Just had an email from cardo stating an update is available that cures the TFT compatibility issue. Have yet to update will do it later hopefully this will sort it.
Check the cardo website cordo community.

Ok so the packtalk was updated and now have full audio on media and calls, only issue i have found is if you have a Nav 6 once you have paired the TFT you will lose the pairing with the Nav 6 the TFT overirde it so a bit of a pain when you want to use the Nav 6.
I have tried pairing the TFT on ch 1 and the Nav6 ch 2 and vice versa but still the same.

So there we go a bit closer to full fuctionality, I will have to send them another email and wait another 6 months no doute.

Hi Grimo,

I picked up my new GS TE on Friday and connected up my iPhone to the TFT, followed by the Cardo to the TFT and finally the iPhone to the Nav 6 (but not as a phone). Much to the salesman's surprise it all seem to connect, so it may be that there has been a software update on the latest bikes that allows it all to work. On the ride home it all seemed to function correctly, but it was quite a lot to take in. The only thing that I would say is that I don't use the audio direction prompts, so I cannot confirm if that is working. I hope that this helps.

Ok so the packtalk was updated and now have full audio on media and calls, only issue i have found is if you have a Nav 6 once you have paired the TFT you will lose the pairing with the Nav 6 the TFT overirde it so a bit of a pain when you want to use the Nav 6.
I have tried pairing the TFT on ch 1 and the Nav6 ch 2 and vice versa but still the same.

So there we go a bit closer to full fuctionality, I will have to send them another email and wait another 6 months no doute.

4.2 fixed everything for me
TFT to Packtalk
Phone to TFT
Then phone to Nav VI and set the bluetooth on the NAV VI to just connect to the smart link app on the phone.

Everything works including the safety camera info and even the weather on the NAV
The Nav connects to the TFT via the wiring and you can control, the NAV with the wonder wheel
Phone and music goes through the TFT.
If i want a pod cast of to use the TUNEin app you still have to start that through the phone but once started it all works through the TFT screen and can be controlled from there.

What specifically are you trying to do on the NAV VI that you cannot do?

Ok, found my error. I was trying to connect the Nav on channel 2 but mistakenly not as a GPS so when I tried to pair the TFT it would delete the Nav6. This is what I did.
Cardo have released an update 4.2 that has rectified the problem.
The TFT needs to be paired to channel 1 as a phone
The Nav6 to channel 2 as a GPS.
Pair the TFT as normal on chan1 holding down the phone button for 5 sec, pair the TFT
Turn off the bike and pair the Nav off the bike on chan2 on the Packtalk. Hold the phone button down for 5 sec then press twice when red/ blue flash rotate the thumb wheel backwards ( toward the back of the helmet the light should flash green/red (GPS MODE) pair the nav job done.
If you find that the one pairing deletes the other you have not paired as a GPS on channel 2 the LED needs to be green / red.
Easy mistake to make but both are now paired.
Calls are through the TFT so is the music no media through the Nav.

Back
Top Bottom