The Brakes are Shite !!!!

So why is there a fuel tap on each side and why does it work fine with just one on ?

In case you loose one :D

Seriously though there are two to provide enough fuel flow when that throttle is wide open and those little main jets are trying desperatly to pass as much fuel as possible into that awesome power house of an engine............ ;)

If you look down above the gear box and in between the two carbs you'll see a 'x' piece of fuel pipe, this links/balances the two taps and explains why it'll still run on one tap shut all be it on massively reduced power (see above).

Andres

In case you loose one :D

Seriously though there are two to provide enough fuel flow when that throttle is wide open and those little main jets are trying desperatly to pass as much fuel as possible into that awesome power house of an engine............

If you look down above the gear box and in between the two carbs you'll see a 'x' piece of fuel pipe, this links/balances the two taps and explains why it'll still run on one tap shut all be it on massively reduced power (see above).
Andres

I always remove the X on mine, it’s much more fun wondering which side will splutter onto reserve first :D

So why is there a fuel tap on each side and why does it work fine with just one on ?

Because of the shape of the tank . One fuel tap will flow all you ever need. If you want to use the last bit of fuel in tank - then use of 2nd tap will be required. Handy extra reserve system(s actually - as you get two extra goes at it) giving you lots of warning to fill up.

Looks a very nice bike and itll give you something to Polish in the Winter months apart from your knob collection :D :rob

Thanks guys.

I’m loving the bike .Might even complete a ride without a false neutral one day !
But the motor is a beauty . So smooth yet pulls very well. Can’t believe it red lines at over 7k as I’ve only dared take the old girl up to 5k and even then it seems to be reviving its tits off .

But it’s just made for pottering around the coast, feet on the boards and enjoying the view.

b79fa1520b87dc03ee5df774d0cd19fd.jpg

Ps

And the brakes are actually bloody good now I know how to use the fucking things !

Nice bike, but I’m sure it would look better without the patio door on the front

Nice bike, but I’m sure it would look better without the patio door on the front

They are defo a bit Marmite BUT it's proper original fitment so if that's your thing.............

I wasn't keen on mine on my old Posh Cali and don't have one fitted to my current Old Shitter Cali but, I have to say, if you want to rack up the miles in completely still air and total comfort they work like nothing else I've ever ridden.

Andres

Anyway, glad you’re enjoying her, give her time and you’ll find they have a way of getting under your skin :)
Andres

You are not wrong there Andres, they do somehow manage to get under your skin. I’ve never been smitten as much by any other make. Older Guzzis mind, I’m not as much of a fan of the newer models.

I’m not surprised that Arsey has fallen for it, the Cally is a lovely machine:beerjug:

What a stunning bike.

I have yearned for one of those ever since I swiped this brochure as a kid.

Wasn't the T-3 name a reference to the linked discs?

Attachments

• IMG_0226r.jpg
    IMG_0226r.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0227r.jpg
    IMG_0227r.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_0228r.jpg
    IMG_0228r.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 322
but, I have to say, if you want to rack up the miles in completely still air and total comfort they work like nothing else I've ever ridden.

Chrome dome lives on Guernsey, so it'll only do 30 miles before the end of the year!:D

It’s easy, if you know the knack,

Don’t use the pin that you use to bring the stand down to the ground, instead stand on the leg of the stand as it’s on the ground, then pull the bike back, it just rolls onto the stand with not a great deal of effort.

Easy you say?

I’ll hold you to that.......... :D

Andres

PS Ta :)

Well I never. I've only ridden Guzzis since my 20's..............it works like a dream. If only I'd sussed that out 30 years ago :blast

Andres

:thumb2

Just noticed..................how the feck did you get her onto her centre stand, you truly are a man of steel (must be all that dead cow you eat)!

Andres

Actually,apart from Ian's suggestion, the easiest way is to reach out and put the mainstand lobe down with left foot whilst sat on bike then gently rock back and it goes on the main stand whilst still sat on it. Easy.

Actually,apart from Ian's suggestion, the easiest way is to reach out and put the mainstand lobe down with left foot whilst sat on bike then gently rock back and it goes on the main stand whilst still sat on it. Easy.

I'll have to try that!

But I love the old girl !!

Picked up my T3 Cali 850 that was shipped over while I was away in Spain on the 1290.

Not had an old bike for years.
Started easily enough and off I went with the heal and toe change and nearly went straight into the back of a car at the first set of lights. The brakes don’t appear to .

It’s very smooth and the seat is not as low as I was expecting . Just lovely chugging around the coast tonight . It’ll lift its skirt up too . Very happy !

b786e46af6d2c6dbc4c7f81f009b9b5f.jpg
5ada4e321608b201373068443adfdbce.jpg
08a1c7ab17c3cc0a0e04d8adabc8b7a2.jpg
a3f77d67450f8789de668c3a2502625f.jpg
I had a Yamaha DT175 in 1978 with a similar number plate CUG 63T .Don't why I just posted that irrelivant fact ?

Back
Top Bottom