The Brakes are Shite !!!!

They are Brembo brakes so should work fine.......for an 80s bike.
Pads fluid and lines might need replacing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muzzimoto now selling another ‘T3 Cali’

5ca52c993bd761f816494d21d70239bd.png

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/232933012882

Ian at Muzzi Moto is a good guy to deal with, they’ve been totally upfront about the origins, and unless you are a rivet counter looking for total originality, this looks to be a great machine.

After all, like many Italian bike companies of that period, Guzzi often dipped into their parts room stock to mix and match equipment on the production line. And like most Tonti designed bikes of that period a lot of the parts are interchangeable, Spada/Cali/T3/Le Mans etc like plug and play

Ian at Muzzi Moto is a good guy to deal with, they’ve been totally upfront about the origins, and unless you are a rivet counter looking for total originality, this looks to be a great machine.

After all, like many Italian bike companies of that period, Guzzi often dipped into their parts room stock to mix and match equipment on the production line. And like most Tonti designed bikes of that period a lot of the parts are interchangeable, Spada/Cali/T3/Le Mans etc like plug and play

Absolutely & let's face it bikes of that vintage are likely to have new / used parts or will need new or used parts.
And it wouldn't put me off..:thumb

I always remove the X on mine, it’s much more fun wondering which side will splutter onto reserve first :D

I removed the X on my old Cali.. had to, the fuel lines went porous.. didn't bother to refit the X or any other type of T piece..

It doesn't help that my bike has no trip meter so haven't a clue when it's even close to running out :D

Absolutely & let's face it bikes of that vintage are likely to have new / used parts or will need new or used parts.
And it wouldn't put me off..:thumb

There's a world of difference between a genuine old Cali and an old Guzzi, and it's not just cosmetics. .

So. To update an old thread , I’m in Brittany with the old girl so giving her a proper run for the first time .

The Cali is surprisingly spritely!
Sits lovely at 60 ish mph. Pulls very cleanly . Can’t believe the red line is 7000 ish rpm as anything over 5000 sounds like torture to the old girl. Took it up to a ton but seemed cruel .
Brakes are fine , now I’ve got used to them :).
Handling nice and light and tank range is over 200 miles.
The only slight niggle is I got a bit of back ache today but did do 250 miles !

6d0d0139f68eb5622e4b80faab59a588.jpg
dc7453dcb260e74656334b20f7360dc2.jpg
aa84b28676d4f2f96a1eff898a444ba6.jpg

Will keep an eye on the fs&w section then ;)

Will keep an eye on the fs&w section then ;)

You may be right !!

Due to ongoing health issues,I’m toying with selling the old girl.
She’s absolutely lovely and perfect to potter down to the cafe but on longer trips, such as I did in Brittany I suffered a bit due to a medical condition that ain’t going away.Take the piss all you like but it was thought to be more serious than it is.
Anyways.....a few people PM’d me in the past asking for dibs if I ever sold it.Those PM’s are deleted as inbox was full.
So if anybody is interested before I toy with sticking in a full for sale post ,let me know.
The bike runs beautifully.
I need to get the original sales ad from Muzzimoto but from memory it was owned by the boss of Moto Corsa and he spent a fortune on it a few years back getting it fettled ,including the big bore kit to 950cc which rids the chrome barrels etc.
When I got it there was a small leak from the gearbox which wasn’t mentioned in the for sale ad.
Being a bit obsessive, I got it sorted-it involved taking the back end off,heating up the casing to prize open a con rod to get to the faulty o-ring.Typical £ 500 labour and £ 3 parts !!
It also had a very full service .All of this was done earlier this year and it runs like a Swiss watch.
The only other ‘fault’ is that the kill switch,assuming it is one doesn’t work-didn’t when I got it but I just use the ignition key.
That’s it really.

6e1ef755cf83dbd2c605646ebe8b54e3.jpg

b4a85af67b6d9d20314f868f19fefb23.jpg

01768b9da263d902d5861398a4114384.jpg
8d79b7b87ad7ae598226f17a5e0e252b.jpg

Photos taken today.
As you casn see its in good nick. Probably needs a nerd to give it a very detailed clean but I’m not really up to it at the mo.

Me on my lovely old California with an old mate (a proper Brit old iron type !)

Those California pictures are top notch. Lovely bike.

Attachments

• Me and Paul MG Cali 1 1985.jpg
    Me and Paul MG Cali 1 1985.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 109

Back
Top Bottom