VRT question

So, Civil, VRT was paid but you got the NMT refunded?

(The Vehicle is EITHER older than 6 months old OR has covered less than 6000Klms.) I think it needs to be BOTH over 6000 Klms and also 6 months old

So, Civil, VRT was paid but you got the NMT refunded?

(The Vehicle is EITHER older than 6 months old OR has covered less than 6000Klms.) I think it needs to be BOTH over 6000 Klms and also 6 months old

In a nut shell .
I didnt see it as any form of victory . It was as it was legislated for . nothing really to do with me.
The only thing that it succeeded in was to confirm my strongly held belief that we in Ireland live in a counrty run by a "Rotten to the Core runaway unaccountable civil service" which has our elected representitives wrapped around their wee fingers.
Republic , My Arse.

Congratulations civil. You have succeeded where so many others have failed!
I’m a motor dealer, but am fortunate to also have a law degree (long story!) I’d love if you would give me the details of your case and the precedent in the uk that you relied on to succeed.
The legislation relating to the 6k km / 6 month rule is a European directive as opposed to a domestic law. It is simply the basis for what defines a “new” vehicle for the purposes of EU vat.
Your success should be heralded as a landmark case and victory over Europe the like of which brexiteers can only dream of!
Please give us the details ASAP so all can benefit from your case.

Its basically the premise that you do not pay vat twice.
But , yes it was a document provided by a very nice chap in H.M.R.C. that provided the letter clearly stating the UK,s position on the VAT brought it home.

In a nut shell .
I didnt see it as any form of victory . It was as it was legislated for . nothing really to do with me.
The only thing that it succeeded in was to confirm my strongly held belief that we in Ireland live in a counrty run by a "Rotten to the Core runaway unaccountable civil service" which has our elected representitives wrapped around their wee fingers.
Republic , My Arse.

Got it in one

Back
Top Bottom