F850GS

So are these Chinese or Indian 850s ?

Motors are built by the Chinese firm LONCIN and here is their Loncin 650 enduro bike using a smaller version of a BMW 'inspired' motor

Attachments

• Loncin%20650%20(1).jpg
    Loncin%20650%20(1).jpg
    160 KB · Views: 391
Yours truly belongs to the group of sceptics when it comes to "made in China".

But the times are changing. The China marked is just too lage to be ignored, and as of now, to some of the German Premium car brands the Chinese marked has surpassed the US marked as their largest.

Also, Chinese technology is improving. Today, leading brands in Electronics have their finest products made there, China run their own spaceprogram, and Airbus 320 are (amongst other places) built in China.

Even so, the F750/850 program did not get a good start when the engine problem came up.
It remains to be seen if the problem was due to sloppy quality controll in China or if the problem is due to other reasons.

But whatever happens I think we may as well get used to the idea. China is becoming such a large economy that if we don't like "made in China", that will be our problem.

But whatever happens I think we may as well get used to the idea. China is becoming such a large economy that if we don't like "made in China", that will be our problem.

Yes China has great technology [on the back of cheap labour costs] but unfortunately it also has no concept of copyright so any "innovation" be it from home or "borrowed" from abroad gets watered down by many manufacturing bases, to the lowest cost v highest profit margin.

Yes China has great technology [on the back of cheap labour costs] but unfortunately it also has no concept of copyright so any "innovation" be it from home or "borrowed" from abroad gets watered down by many manufacturing bases, to the lowest cost v highest profit margin.

That is correct. They are completely shame-less to the extent that someone may be tempted to use the word criminal.

I once walked around in Shang Hai and noticed a BMW X1 in a color that I had never seen on a BMW before.

When I took a closer look, the logo was not the standard blue/white, but a totally different logo, and the name was in Chines writing.

Seemed like it was a chines carbon-copy af the X1....

Back
Top Bottom