LOWERED F650 GS SINGLE

Weekday Rider

Reaction score
I have a F650GS single that has been lowered, I didn't mind when I bought it although I'm 6ft tall. Today I rode it for the first time and found it touches the ground on corners. How hard is it to raise it back to standard or taller, what do I need and does anybody need to lower theirs so we can swap any parts required, please. :thumb

I live just outside Exeter Devon but I can clean and post parts.

I had a similar issue with a lowered GS 650, need forks, rear shock (possibly linkages too), sidestand/centre stand. Cured my problem by selling it to a vertically challenged friend..!!

If you decide it is too small and you want to sell it, let me know!

I'll give it a trip Exeter to Liverpool and back soon but first I'll ride the north Devon coast and some twisty bits and see how I get on with it. If I do decide to sell, you'll be the first to know. It's low millage but looked a bit sad when I bought it but after hours of cleaning, it looks good now. I really want to keep it but, we'll see.

Changing the height back to normal seems like a none starter from what I've read in the comments above and thanks to all who are so informative. I didn't think the forks would have to be changed. :thumb2

I'll give it a trip Exeter to Liverpool and back soon but first I'll ride the north Devon coast and some twisty bits and see how I get on with it. If I do decide to sell, you'll be the first to know. It's low millage but looked a bit sad when I bought it but after hours of cleaning, it looks good now. I really want to keep it but, we'll see.

Changing the height back to normal seems like a none starter from what I've read in the comments above and thanks to all who are so informative. I didn't think the forks would have to be changed. :thumb2

Enjoy your trips and let me know if you decide to sell when you get back.
My vertically challenged daughter will be looking for a reasonably priced bike suitable for a new rider

The factory lowered bikes are perfect for the hobbits among us and it'd be a shame to delete one from the very small (sic) pool that exists. My lovely wife (Jaq) claims to be 5'00" and had the lowered single before her current lowered twin; with appropriate brake, clutch and gear levers they are a very capable machine for the vertically challenged.

FWIW to extract the most from the single you do have to set aside your mechanical sympathy and wring it's neck, and while it sounds like it's about to detonate, it won't.

Jim, got set of Dakar forks & rearshock if your interested, probably the suspension links and a side stand too, am in france so will need to check when i get home :)

Jim, got set of Dakar forks & rearshock if your interested, probably the suspension links and a side stand too, am in france so will need to check when i get home :)

Gadet, thank you very much but I've decided to live with it until I've rode it further and then if I really can't get along with it, I'll sell it. Thanks again. Jim.

Back
Top Bottom