Power for camera system

Ferrett2055

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone used a tap fuse to get power to a camera system? The fuse block under the riders seat seems ideally placed to take a tap.

Attachments

• FDD3FA4E-CEDB-4CBD-9F58-3C3D6D929E78.jpg
    FDD3FA4E-CEDB-4CBD-9F58-3C3D6D929E78.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 388
I used one of these to get a live feed for a PDM60. Only issue I found was that the blades on the one I bought wouldn’t fully engage in the fuse holder properly and ended up cutting some of the plastics away between them.

Now I was researching Bike mounted cameras etc on EBay the other day and one of them cam with a “vibration” power source. Wired straight into the battery but when the bike is started and vibration is sensed it powered up the camera, and off again when the vibration stops. Quite a good idea I thought when dealing with canbus systems etc

Would it stay live on a ferry?

Would depend on close to the ferry engines I guess! Mine stays off if you're simply moving the bike about but comes to life as soon as the engine starts.

I use piggy back fuses for all sorts of things on both cars and bikes and they’re fine. Just make sure that the fuse you’re tapping into is rated higher than the one required for your camera and use an in line fuse as well as the piggy back one.

Back
Top Bottom