Akrapovic Titanium Headers for R9T from Nippy Norman

BobJ

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone pulled the trigger on a set of Akrapovic titanium headers from NN?
I am dithering on the verge of doing so but am wondering what makes his version 'Exclusive to Nippy Normans' and 'Not available outside the UK' https://www.nippynormans.com/akrapovic-and-remus/akrapovic-conical-titanium-collectors-r-nine-t
The part number on his site is the same as the part number on Akrapovic's own website as well as other retailers both in the UK and overseas - E-B12E3.
The only difference appears to be the price with NN being considerably cheaper than places like Performance Parts and Calsport who when asked if they would price match could get nowhere near it.
I've e-mailed NN twice over the last month about the exclusive bit and was met with stony silence on both occasions. Personally I find his customer service blows hot and cold sometimes - fantastic one minute....
A £140.00 saving is not to be sniffed at but the headers remain bloody expensive so was looking for NN to provide some piece of mind. The old adage of if it sounds too good to be true then it normally is - is putting me off.
Anybody gone this route through NN can offer an opinion?

I looked at them to go with my high level Akra exhaust. But I like the blue headers as standard, don't these go brown rusty looking ? and I have limited funds, so will be spending the money in better suspension.

The titanium will go blue/purple but like stainless steel (and any other for that matter) will look pretty crap if not kept on top of. Stainless (whether OEM or aftermarket) in particular will go brown.

The titanium will go blue/purple but like stainless steel (and any other for that matter) will look pretty crap if not kept on top of. Stainless (whether OEM or aftermarket) in particular will go brown.

But it should be a golden brown and that's lovely. My st. st. pipes on my '95 Harley are a lovely golden brown.

I do like the de cat pipes and the colouring,
Nippys do no quibble returns within a month of purchase, i have done it no fuss,
So if you fancy them its low risk,
This time i am considering wrapping the pipes on the 9 t for a change,,

I do like the de cat pipes and the colouring,
Nippys do no quibble returns within a month of purchase, i have done it no fuss,
So if you fancy them its low risk,
This time i am considering wrapping the pipes on the 9 t for a change,,

The wrapping looks great but will damage the pipes, get an old set off Ebay or wherever & keep the geed ones safe

Cheers Phil, that was my concern,
i think the wrap may go with the vintage style,
i did pick up a set like new off e bay to iether wrap or keep as spare,

Back
Top Bottom