Dellorto carb help

byron

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
When I started the restoration of my R90s about three years ago , the first thing I did was send both carbs off to be restored . They came back looking great at the time I didn’t notice that the cable adjuster coming out of the top was straight rather than being angled at 50° , thus allowing the cables to come from the centre of the bike out of the carburettors . I’ve tried to get replacement elbows but they seem to be unavailable. The new plastic top PHM carburettors have the spares available but they are 6 mm thread and the old metal top carburettors are 7 mm thread. Can anyone offer any advice, know where I can buy replacements or used old elbows that I can use

Gutsibits :thumb2

LINKY

The link is to M6 elbows but I'm pretty certain they carry the older style ones and and they also carry a healthy second hand inventory so worth a buzz

Andres

Have you tried Euro carb, Dellorto UK?. I’ve found them very helpful if you give them a call and explain what you’re looking for.

Have you tried Euro carb, Dellorto UK?. I’ve found them very helpful if you give them a call and explain what you’re looking for.

Thanks for the Guzzi place but eurocarb have been unable to help

Gutsibits :thumb2

LINKY

The link is to M6 elbows but I'm pretty certain they carry the older style ones and and they also carry a healthy second hand inventory so worth a buzz

Andres

I have tried all avenues so far without success, 6 mm angle elbows are available but not 7 mm. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on elbows which fit on top of the adjuster or some secondhand ones.

Is this what you need - are they 7.5mm

https://www.dellorto.co.uk/shop/del...parts/vhb-vhbz-vhbt-parts/90-angle-elbow-kit/

If you cannot get a set - maybe Mikeyboy can bend and thread a piece of tubing for you

I thought that I had some but I cannot find it

(but the originals never looked like the fitting that they have stuck in yours - did they - ????)

elbow.jpg

Thanks

Is this what you need - are they 7.5mm

https://www.dellorto.co.uk/shop/del...parts/vhb-vhbz-vhbt-parts/90-angle-elbow-kit/

If you cannot get a set - maybe Mikeyboy can bend and thread a piece of tubing for you

I thought that I had some but I cannot find it

(but the originals never looked like the fitting that they have stuck in yours - did they - ????)

elbow.jpg

THANKS for all the new suggestions fella I will look into them today . This is a result of retiring and no longer having workshop machining facilities!

Back
Top Bottom