Assistance Please with Navigator V

ymfb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So at the risk of ridicule and as mentioned in another thread, I am missing a number of countries that I thought I had on the accursed Sat Nav and would like them before my next sojourn.

It’s a BMW Navigator V in the myMaps Page it lists and has a green tick

CN Europe NTU 2019.10 Basic 3D
CN Europe NTU 2019.10 ALL NORTH

I would like

France
Spain

As a bonus I would also like

Portugal
Switzerland
Italy

So what’s to do, thanks in advance.

It has the latest software and on Garmin Express under Map Options says Full Coverage of Europe

Its a common problem with Garmin Express. Europe map now consists of EUROPE NORTH and EUROPE SOUTH.
Try re-installing the maps and check that both are installed.

Ian

Thank, just reinstalled on Garmin Express but South hasn’t appeared despite it telling me I have full Europe.

Yes I do, but cannot find it on the device

Maybe take it out and put it back in again. I suspect there's not enough internal memory in the GPS unit and Garmin Express is defaulting to installing what it can. Although strangely enough, it did the opposite on my NuviCam recently and only installed Southern Europe. Reinstalling the map update fixed it.

Maybe take it out and put it back in again. I suspect there's not enough internal memory in the GPS unit and Garmin Express is defaulting to installing what it can. Although strangely enough, it did the opposite on my NuviCam recently and only installed Southern Europe. Reinstalling the map update fixed it.

Took the 64 gb micro SD card out and rebooted but no joy. If it was a case of paying and it was sorted I’d pay, but I’m not entirely sure that’s the issue. I thought Schtum suggestion was probably a winner, but sadly not.

Should I be able to find the SD card on the device ?

No you can’t access the SD card from the device but if you plug it in to your computer you should see the Garmin and the SD card appearing as two additional drives.

What computer / OS are you using?
What version of Garmin Express? (Crucial to have the latest version - check Garmin website)

If you try the reinstall, click for more detail and see if the box is checked for you to install to both the computer and the device (Apple OS X in my case so windows wording may be different)

You should see this. Maybe with a later map version.

I have been told the Satnav memory contains north map and the memory card south. I can’t confirm this.

Attachments

• 8E340BA1-E6CD-4F16-9886-5019882B618E.jpg
    8E340BA1-E6CD-4F16-9886-5019882B618E.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 244
Updated software on the device earlier, now updated the Garmin Express, so updating the sat nav again, it’s going to take 44 minutes, so will leave it doing it whilst I get ready to go out to dinner. Thanks for the help so far, fingers crossed it’s going to work.

Format the sd card

Make sure the SD card is formatted.....NOT expat...lh fuck! Predictive texting... NOT EX FAT,
I don't know why, it's in my notes.
My camera has to be Exfat , the Nav 5 must not be Exfat.
Rgds

Updated software on the device earlier, now updated the Garmin Express, so updating the sat nav again, it’s going to take 44 minutes, so will leave it doing it whilst I get ready to go out to dinner. Thanks for the help so far, fingers crossed it’s going to work.
I’m confident :D

You should see this. Maybe with a later map version.

I have been told the Satnav memory contains north map and the memory card south. I can’t confirm this.

G & T is that when using base camp ?

No you can’t access the SD card from the device but if you plug it in to your computer you should see the Garmin and the SD card appearing as two additional drives.

What computer / OS are you using?
What version of Garmin Express? (Crucial to have the latest version - check Garmin website)

If you try the reinstall, click for more detail and see if the box is checked for you to install to both the computer and the device (Apple OS X in my case so windows wording may be different)

Mac OS 10.13.4

Garmin Express 6.6.0.0, but is currently updating

Back
Top Bottom