Book price for a 2006?

Santa-2512

Omnipotent one
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone know the book price for a 2006 hexhead?

Low mileage 28k..

im just having a mooch round dealers ,

and want to get an idea if the figures they throw at me because they think they have a deal are anywhere near...

What a dealer offers you will depend very much on what you are buying, how much profit margin there is in it, any incentive schemes running from the manufacturer with stock to shift and how close they are to meeting a sales target for a bonus.

Can't help with a figure, haven't got a book to hand.

Anyone know the book price for a 2006 hexhead?

Low mileage 28k..

im just having a mooch round dealers ,

and want to get an idea if the figures they throw at me because they think they have a deal are anywhere near...

Is the engine fixed now?
Have you done 1000 miles and dropped the oil in last 7 days ?

Is the engine fixed now?
Have you done 1000 miles and dropped the oil in last 7 days ?

I think he's turned a corner with this bike. It's been one problem after another with this bike. He should have bought my minty fresh 1200. :hide

Anyhow, I think he'd be better off with a nice 1150. :D

“The Inheritance of Loss”. :rob

[edit]. Thought you asked for something else........... :blast

No only done 100 so far

if it gets to 1k i'll drop the oil as planned

I think he's turned a corner with this bike. It's been one problem after another with this bike. He should have bought my minty fresh 1200. :hide

Anyhow, I think he'd be better off with a nice 1150. :D

Indeed, in hindsight not my finest hour...

dont get mewrong getting rid will be a big wrench funny enough. It has character thats hard to explain.

but the prospensity for another huge bill is allways above this bike like Damocles sword..

so the decision has been made -

not sure what to replace it with ... i have some test rides next week

A shame you had a run of bad luck Martin, why not hang on to the bike for now until the 'season' ends and get your moneys worth from it, then drive a harder bargain come buying time ??

A lot of later GS's are available used now for sensible money which are a big improvement over the earlier model like yours, a nice twin cam hexhead 1200 is a great bike and affordable now the water cooled bikes are the trendy new models.

A shame you had a run of bad luck Martin, why not hang on to the bike for now until the 'season' ends and get your moneys worth from it, then drive a harder bargain come buying time ??

A lot of later GS's are available used now for sensible money which are a big improvement over the earlier model like yours, a nice twin cam hexhead 1200 is a great bike and affordable now the water cooled bikes are the trendy new models.

Funny enough, i went out for a run this morning up to Fairoak, (until the M27 ground to a halt lol )

Once id got my head out of "It's not going to blow up mode" the bike was brilliant - 4-5 bars oil temp on the outward leg and 5-6 on the return leg.

i managed to stall it coming into Chi (i wont say how) now this is usually game over because hot starts are its downfall

I didnt give it any gas on the first attempt, so nada, gave it some gas on the second and it fired up fine.

when i got home it was happily ticking over with just normal noises and the oil temp was bang on 6 bars.

Go figure!

Re - holding out for the season before chopping it in.

I see where youre comming from, but surely come the end of the season,

dealers arnt going to want to take a bike in and pay top money for for it to sit on a forecourt over the winter

even if i'm potentially taking one off them.?

Dealers have sales figures to meet....... Even in winter. ;)

I reckon there is probably bugger all wrong with it now. Have some fun with it whilst we have the weather for riding.

Don't be too hasty to move it on, do a few more rides then put that 20/50 and new filter and see how she goes. They are better built than we give them credit for, all you see on forums are the ones with issues or the overly worried owners rather than the many that are running sweetly and need nothing more than petrol in the tank and air in the tyres.

Dealers have sales figures to meet....... Even in winter. ;)

I reckon there is probably bugger all wrong with it now. Have some fun with it whilst we have the weather for riding.

Don't be too hasty to move it on, do a few more rides then put that 20/50 and new filter and see how she goes. They are better built than we give them credit for, all you see on forums are the ones with issues or the overly worried owners rather than the many that are running sweetly and need nothing more than petrol in the tank and air in the tyres.

I'll see how next week goes ;)

and i'll run the 20/50 through once we hit the 1k and see waht difference it makes ..

Back
Top Bottom