VENTOUX !! A cyclists challenge!!

Brilliant.
It's almost inspired me to get my pushbike out of the shed.
Almost.

My wife did it in May 2017. She started at 7.30am and finished 7.25pm. She did Malucen-Bedoin-Sault-Malucen. She thought that the Bedoin descent was the most picturesque with the gnarly trees.

She is very proud of her Carnet and finishers jersey (only sold to bone-fide finishers).

Excellent !!

Would you say the direction from Sault was the most difficult ?

No! The opposite! Its long but not such a steep gradient. Save that one 'till the end !!

I enjoyed your report, good work on a tough training regime during the preparation for it.

Bet the beer at the end went to the head quick��

Excellent ride report - great info and photos....respect to you all on the achievement! :beerjug:

Would I get the T shirt if I left Mrs B at the top charging batteries and I changed to a fresh one at the top each time?

Sorry Giles, only joking because if I couldn’t do it under my own power I wouldn’t want to do it so well done :thumb2

A great read, and very well done re the challenge....:thumb2

Interesting stuff re your use of the power meter. I'm a keen cyclist but I'm no fan of gadgets. However, as far as power meters go, I can see the advantage of knowing EXACTLY what you are capable of doing and then applying that knowledge to the challenge......rather than just going hell for leather and hoping for the best. A Pro tool that I will buy, when they hit 'Yorkshire price'....:D

Good stuff...:)

Would I get the T shirt if I left Mrs B at the top charging batteries and I changed to a fresh one at the top each time?

I put a Youtube video up on Bears ebike thread of a Guy going up Ventoux on an electric bike - He had to change battery before the summit!
So I would imagine 5 batteries would be required to complete this challenge.

15,000ft of climbing in one day makes the mind boggle …. Really is some feat to achieve!

I tend to take a rather simplistic view when it comes to human endurance and achievements which is don’t use an ebike to do what others are doing on lung power and don’t use bottled oxygen to artificially reduce the height of any mountain then start bragging about how good you are.

Fine, cycle up the hill or climb the mountain using any means you want but don’t record it and use it to try and score points, just keep it for yourself and be happy at leaving it there.

I do use Strava or my Garmin watch to check how far I’ve been or how high on any hills I’ve been up but that’s for my benefit alone and putting those records into public view would be akin to getting someone to carry your gear and using oxygen to do a fastest time on a big mountain :nono

Well done Giles!:bow I did it last year, Bought the tee shirt and smile every time I put it on.:thumb

Barry G

Good ride report and that’s one helluva achievement, top effort :bow

Seriously impressive stuff.

Some good info on the training which I may blatantly copy, to improve my mtbing hill climbing.

Back
Top Bottom