BMW R1200 GSA Rallye

We all know we should check vehicles every time we ride them but on a £16,000 plus almost new motorcycle a failure rate on a safety critical item like a wheel even if it less than 0.01% of the vehicles sold is totally unacceptable

I’d rather take responsibility for myself, but that’s how I roll I guess. Each to their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very same thing happened to a pals new BMW GS Rallye, wheels were apparently made in China

Do you know where the wheels are built?

Research it !

Two years ago there were being made in Berlin
As we visited the factory and they took great pride
In showing us the gsa wheels being made
Might have changed now or new personnel involved
Who knows but loose spokes are becoming another issue

After reading this and having just covered 2300 miles in the last 10 days, ebtered the garage to check the spokes on my GSA Rallye, tight as drum:D:D Just like 99% of the other new BMW I expect:green gri:clap

Wouldn’t be that happy.

You now need to be checking your spokes every week for the rest of the time you own the bike.

Whatever perhaps u should visit the factory and then comment
He doesn’t need to. He’s enjoying revelling in the superior choice he has made to ride an earlier model and the sheer wonderment of constantly pointing out this fact to other people.
Alan R

He doesn’t need to. He’s enjoying revelling in the superior choice he has made to ride an earlier model and the sheer wonderment of constantly pointing out this fact to other people.
Alan R

Great ....Isn't it
Not a sheeple like yourself who must've believed the marketing hype

BMW Motorcycles are becoming a joke, farm out parts to the cheapest provider and then just deal with the claims when they come in. Corrosion, Wheels, Shocks, what next.

Terrible quality products.

RBW.

Just checked my spokes... all ting tong.....

Just checked my spokes... all ting tong.....

You don’t want ting tong. You want ting ting. If you’ve got ting tong, tighten the tong one till it goes ting. :aidan

There was another thread on here about a wheel that collapsed. Someone said you had better check your spokes so I did. I had 8 loose in the rear and 2 in the front so got my local dealer to check and tighten them. Since then I have checked 3 times and they have not moved I think when new they maybe settle so it's good to check but it appears to now be ok.

Fantastic bike and I'm glad I purchased it!

You don’t want ting tong. You want ting ting. If you’ve got ting tong, tighten the tong one till it goes ting. :aidan

I’ve tightened the tong till it goes ting, now I have ting, ting, ting, ting..... but ..... three have snapped so I’ve binned them... plenty more there..

I’ve tightened the tong till it goes ting, now I have ting, ting, ting, ting..... but ..... three have snapped so I’ve binned them... plenty more there..

A bit of bent coat hanger should do it. Safety first....always.

Back
Top Bottom