Shoei j cruise and fitted Sena 10U

Rugged Path

The Honourable.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
While trawling through ebay, I came across someone selling a new helmet for £150 albeit in white so clicked to buy. My first 2x helmets were white in the 70's. Not my first colour choice but, once it is on my head and I'm on the road, I can't tell the difference. No mirrored shop windows in the countryside to eye myself in their reflections. Not as quiet as I had thought (or is it because of my race can). But must admit, since packing away my Schuberth C3, I went back to 3/4 lids for ease of use and feel factor and with wearing specs all the better for it.
My first ride and the padding feels comfortable and as it is a large size, not compressing my cheeks. The ratchet system for open/closing the helmet strap will take getting used to after years of using the 2x ring loop, especially finding the slot under the chin to click it in position.

Familiarity will improve over time on locating the internal sun visor slider. The clear main visor is Pinlock ready so that will be a future purchase as the seasons change. I must admit, looking at the price of these alternative OEM visors and Pinlock inner ones has given me a shock. The ventilation ducts look stylish but, I cannot tell if they are working due to my 1150GSA screen or the lack of wind in this summer weather.

Another sudden decision was to buy the Sena 10U to fit the helmet which will arrive next week from an Amazon store retailer.
As a Nokia 930 Windows 10 phone user, I hope it will pair successfully. I also notice Sena do not have an App for this platform, which is a pity.

That feel good factor finding a bargain and saving a bit of cash for other project uses (which are many) always puts a smile on my face for the day.

I am hoping that the SENA ear speakers are of some quality as the ones fitted to my Scala G4 were found to be too quiet and tinny.

No more waffling on.

Back
Top Bottom