Deltrans Battery Tender

Neil W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bit of a long shot but lets give it a go, I have a Deltrans Battery Tender , the model that can handle 4 batteries at a time , they are not a cheap option as they now run at over £250 a pop to replace .

The unit has a 10 years warranty which is past by a year or so and has started to play up (all of the banks did not fail together but over the space of a couple of months) , it is getting power into the unit , however , none of the banks are charging or illuminating the leds on the front of the charger.

A quick look inside shows that the individual circuit boards that serve each of the banks are again recieving power ,I can only assume that a relatively simple electronic component has failed on each of the boards .

Anyone recommend a suitable electronics techie that can inspect the unit to see if it is worth repairing. Loathed to chuck something that might not be working due to some 25p components failing

Attachments

• deltrans.jpg
    deltrans.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 91
Maybe it is not converting an AC input power source to the D.C. output side.
Use a mini ohmmeter to check which diode has gone. Could be the rectifier.
As you say, they did not go all at once so, I reckon it will be the same diode for all.

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom