insurance

malcolmkaty

Reaction score
Hi all
I have just had my renewal and wondering what people are paying ,I am with Carole Nash and have been for 22 years , Price has gone up this year £142.96 fully comp on a 2004 gs1200 in a GU post code in a locked building overnight . With them you do get Breakdown and DNA security marking

More or less the same NCB and other details as me with carol Nash, pay a little more though for 2010 GSA.

Depends on your personal circumstances but £140 fully comp doesn’t sound bad to me.

Depends on your personal circumstances but £140 fully comp doesn’t sound bad to me.

I'll agree with that. Sounds like a good price to me. Are you thinking it's expensive then. I have 3 bikes on my policy and it's over 600 quid inc full european breakdown cover on all 3 bikes and clothing cover legal cover and protected no claims etc. I can only dream of paying less than 150 quid.

I use Carole Nash for the bike and the car on a "6 wheels" policy. I can't drive both at once so the breakdown service is ideal. They also credited me with maximum no claims on the car even though I've not insured a car in my name for at least 6 years.

as it would cost about £57 for an equivalent breakdown policy then I'm not sure why you are concerned as you are paying under £90 for the insurance element of the policy.

As is often pointed out, comparison with others is pointless as they have different risk factors from age, postcode, mileage, vehicle value, occupation etc.

The only way to find if CN is competitive is to see what another underwriter will offer. But do make sure you factor in the value of the breakdown cover.

Obviously cost will be affected by postcode, locked garage etc so difficult to compare directly but mine was £80 with CN on 6 wheel policy. However, CN then charged me £40 for an amendment (bike sold!). DLine charged me nothing for an amendment on the car.... As said, with datatag and euro breakdown cover costs go for it.

I’m with CN but suspect that there is an age limit which precludes old bikes from full cover, can’t remember the details but did look into it some time back, perhaps others with better eyesight have read the small print

Oh and I think the price is decent unless it has increased BY 146....

My gs and 4x4 were both 2004 and I had no prob being covered by CN. Interestingly BMW gave the gs a decent discount on servicing etc because it was an older bike. I guess that policy is to combat the 'its old now and long outside warranty so i'll start taking it to an indep garage' attitude that most gs/gsa owners have (that said took it to Mikeyboy for the FD). I have the feeling that many folks are unaware of said bmw discount policy (at BMW Cotswold anyway).

My 2017 GSA was £226 with CN,fully comp garaged.
Bennetts were much the same.
However for multibike policy Bennett’s wanted £524,for the GSA and the r9t.(the r9t was £93 on its own)

At that price, but 3 policies just for the hell of it. In a london postcode you'd be lucky to get less than 3 times that cost WITH the locked garage! Prices down here are a joke. Really, you'd die if you knew what they're charging.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

At that price, but 3 policies just for the hell of it. In a london postcode you'd be lucky to get less than 3 times that cost WITH the locked garage! Prices down here are a joke. Really, you'd die if you knew what they're charging.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
High insurance costs using the London Mayor's infamous quote, part and parcel of living in a big (crime riddled) city. :-(

Back
Top Bottom