BMW Open Face

Old Den

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Morning ,
Could any body tell me the model of the old style BMW open face helmet that had the removal chin bar and are they still available (oldstock?).
Thanks Den

hi Den,perhaps you mean the older system 4 helmet flip up ?
I have a bmw system 4 flip up front helmet ,you can remove the chin piece to make jet / open face helmet.

Morning ,
Could any body tell me the model of the old style BMW open face helmet that had the removal chin bar and are they still available (oldstock?).
Thanks Den

I believe you are thinking of the Schuberth J1 ....

Hope this helps.

John

Yes - it was the Schuberth J1. Great piece of kit but now discontinued and as rare as hens teeth...

J1 is a great helmet when mine eventually needed replacing I brought a Schuberth M1 nearly the same but has no chin bar. I see Nolan now do a similar helmet to the J1 with a slightly thicker chin bar

Open FaceJ1

Thanks all , J1 it is then.
Brian if you have one let me know would be interested if right size.
Cheers Den

Thanks all , J1 it is then.
Brian if you have one let me know would be interested if right size.
Cheers Den

Infinity Clearance at Camberley had a few odd sizes about a year ago, but there was no sign off them more recently.

This scam website is offering them! Don't be fooled.

Hi Den, I’ve found my Sys 4 and it’s in good exterior condition with a couple of minor scratches and complete with spare used visor, peak and side plates to use when removing chin bar, it’s a size 69/61. The interior foam lining is starting to go though as is usual for old helmets! These helmets are heavy compared to the new Sys 6/7s though and I’m not sure I’d want to go back to it again. If you want it it’s yours but you’ll have to cover postage costs or collect and a donation to British Heart Foundation would be appreciated. I can email you some pics if you want. Brian
Sorry size 60/61

Back
Top Bottom