sena smh5

tailscookie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
fitted a set to me and the mrs shoei neotec,s.
used them yesterday,all i can say is ,what a waste of money,
before you say,did you use them with the lids up op or shut yes to both of them.
the crackling noise was unbearable had to turn off,and try again.
under 20mph sometimes was ok,but lids down at i would call normal speeds over 70mph just bearable ?
i had a set of these last year untill the one died water ingress,what a load of crap that was,thanks senna.
so is it just a crap set up or what ??
opinions please.:augie

I have had a pair and a single unit to replace one of the pair after I also let a lot of water in it (actually I first tried a Sena 10U Neotec but didn't get on with it). I find them great. No crackling, easy to fit & use, good to 70-80mph depending on cross winds and speaker psoitioning, long battery life, and not overly sensitive to helmet noise. Is the crackling down to a poor/dirty connector somewhere. Also worth trying doubling up the windsock if you think the interference is coming from the mic. I have found Sena support to be quite good. We do only really use ours for the intercom though.

The water gets in if the small rubber blanking plug isn't fitted correctly.
I've used one daily for work plus trips over a several years with no issues.

A bit of balance ;)

Ive had the sena smh10 for 4 years now fantastic kit never had an issue with 4 paired im on the verge of updating to the 20s. My mate has the smh5 no issues.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

thanks,
regarding the socks i will double up on them.i also only use them for my pillion.
regarding the so called waterproof issue,
i contacted senna as soon as i got home last year,when i purchased the first lot,i did purchase them brand new off this site,no names,they said,they are shower proof not water proof,say no more,
i swore to myself i would not purchase another senna set,but hay ho.
watch this space.
thanks all.

Ive got an SMh 5

battery life is ... shall we say interesting...

It might be 8 hrs . .

If you have a super quiet bike , If you dont wear earplugs, and you dont turn the volume up above half

GS / flip front lid / earplugs 3-4 hrs tops you need to run it at full volume to hear decently.

You can fit bigger speakers, but you need a bigger battery to drive them ...

its a trade off ;)

Been using a pair for about 4 years, and they’ve seen proper rain a few times

Mine work great, I love them

Plus One no problems at all, intercom on two cross America trips plus satnav via phone battery life very good.

interesting,how much are the better bigger speakers ?
thanks.

It's a hack - you cut the exsisting speakers off and solder in a new pair.

You tube reveals all - but unless you get more efficient speakers - your going to need more power to drive them

fitted a set to me and the mrs shoei neotec,s.
used them yesterday,all i can say is ,what a waste of money,
before you say,did you use them with the lids up op or shut yes to both of them.
the crackling noise was unbearable had to turn off,and try again.
under 20mph sometimes was ok,but lids down at i would call normal speeds over 70mph just bearable ?
i had a set of these last year untill the one died water ingress,what a load of crap that was,thanks senna.
so is it just a crap set up or what ??
opinions please.:augie
I had the crackling with mine occasionally and found that unplugging and then refitting the connector that goes to the mic and speakers generally fixed the issue. Also make sure that the cables to mic and speakers have some slack where they exit the helmet and are not tugging on the plug.

I made a plug for mine that takes a set of earplugs , used for years l better than the S20 I replaced them with.
Must be something wrong with your set up

Back
Top Bottom