Torque settings for part near back wheel!

Northern Monkey

Reaction score
Mate has just messaged me - he has a 2015 gs LC and one of the bolts has come out of the cover for the final drive.
84a222e8f38519378b50c4c285e80950.jpeg

The bolts in question are highlighted.

A search has found two different pdf documents with torque settings one saying bevel box cover 10nm plus 45 degree and the other says 30nm plus loctite.

Anyone care to provide a definitive answer from a trusted source?

TIA

Mate has just messaged me - he has a 2015 gs LC and one of the bolts has come out of the cover for the final drive.
84a222e8f38519378b50c4c285e80950.jpeg

The bolts in question are highlighted.

A search has found two different pdf documents with torque settings one saying bevel box cover 10nm plus 45 degree and the other says 30nm plus loctite.

Anyone care to provide a definitive answer from a trusted source?

TIA

They appear to be two different bolts ....

You could be right- the ‘wrong one’ is the one that came/fell out - so may just be a temporary one - but he’s wanting to torque the rest up to be sure.

Apart from just doing them back up.

Question is why did they come undone?

Something going on with the FD?

You could be right- the ‘wrong one’ is the one that came/fell out - so may just be a temporary one - but he’s wanting to torque the rest up to be sure.

The ‘wrong one’ looks as if it’s been rubbing against something so I’d have a look at the back of the disc and check for damage. No, I’m not trying to wind anyone up, it really does look as if it’s been catching something and I’d want to know what.

Back
Top Bottom