Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insurance on new GSA

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    As has already been said, the GS/GSA suffers from being both very popular (for bikers and thieving scrotes alike) and a lot of money new. How much is a new GSA with all the accessories? £19K? Should you expect to pay the same level of cover for a c. £9K mid-range bike? It’s not just about risk, but about how much the insurer will have to cough up when your awesome steed is written off or nicked.

I'm still paying around £200 for my now four year old GS and that's good value compared to the Vespa GTS300 which I was going to buy as a toy until I discovered the insurance was £400 to insure it my itself or nearly £1000 for a multi-bike policy GTS's are obviously even more popular with thieves

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean View Post
    Mine went up to just shy of £500, with double that as excess.

Full no claims too - never had a claim against me.
    Yes but look how many bikes are stolen in London. If you want lower insurance premiums move out to Dorset.

More likey to get your sheep rustled than your bike stolen!

Derek

2 words

Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by andyscott View Post
    2 words

Brexit
    Have you a calculator as I reckon that is one word?

Derek

Abu Hamsta -Death to the South Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I've gone with Bikesure this time, and got a GSA LC and a Turban on a multi bike, underwritten by Markerstudy for £415 with legal expenses and protected NCD, I'm 53, 3 points and full No Claims.

Carol Nash were not budging on £800 plus, Bennets were £495, it just seems to be a total lottery at the moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12