Cape Wrath Trail

Biking, but never walked it.
Rode as far as Kinlochbervie, then turned back for Rhiconich, then Keoldale and Durness.
In 2011....

You'll have a great time just make sure you give yourself enough time as trying to meet deadlines kind of defeats the purpose.Oh and if your not used to yomping everyday get plenty of practice in as your feet and joints will take a hammering otherwise.If you've got time take in the west highland way as a preamble and warm up.Enjoy.

You'll have a great time just make sure you give yourself enough time as trying to meet deadlines kind of defeats the purpose.Oh and if your not used to yomping everyday get plenty of practice in as your feet and joints will take a hammering otherwise.If you've got time take in the west highland way as a preamble and warm up.Enjoy.

Cheers, well used to Scottish hills and long days.

Anyone done it before? I quite fancy it, nice remote and peaceful route in the main with the occasional pub en route
https://capewrathtrailguide.org

NJ, am i right in thinking you were on the Cape Wrath section of the four compass points bash a few years back when we floated all the bikes over to Cape Wrath itself on a pontoon?

Or is my memory even more shite than I thought?

A great trek. One of the most memorable walks I did in Scotland - up there with crossing Knoydart or the Cuillin. Definitely recommended, but seem to remember having to carry plenty of water (did it in summer but nowhere near as hot as this one!)

NJ, am i right in thinking you were on the Cape Wrath section of the four compass points bash a few years back when we floated all the bikes over to Cape Wrath itself on a pontoon?

He lives!! Hope you are well!

G

No, wasn't me - unless my memory is the dodgy one!

Gerry....I'm alive... just :p

NJ, maybe we're both wrong.........................:confused:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom