Which software is best using Mac & Tom Tom Rider?

DeanoBeano

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Trying to upload routes etc... to my TomTom Rider with no success at all :nenau. Any ideas what software works best on a Mac and is simple enough to use? Thanks

I've just moved over to TomTom and use MyRoute ~ works a treat on my Mac, dead easy to use and does what it says on the tin. You get a free trial on it so costs nothing to give it a go.

Andres

And you can import the route to Rider? I googled 'my route' and it come sup with an app but can't find anything software related that would upload the route to my TomTom Rider. Do you have a link?

And you can import the route to Rider? I googled 'my route' and it come sup with an app but can't find anything software related that would upload the route to my TomTom Rider. Do you have a link?

You have to have TomTom's MyDrive set up and registered to you. I have it on my iPhone.
You then upload the route created in MyRoute into MyDrive and from there it appears automatically on your TomTom.

I have the 550 which does all this wirelessly and it's easy and seamless. I'm still new to TomTom so not sure about other units but imagine it's the same?

Andres

Considering moving one to a Tomtom Rider 500.
Cant seem to find info about any costs for the My Drive programme, anybody help?
I know the connect programme is free!
Cheers

Don't know if it works on MACS but I use TYRE http://www.tyretotravel.com/

Sort of!

“We have lots of plans to port Tyre to other platforms. But since we are just a small company, it will take some time to realize them.
For the time being, you might consider installing a Windows emulator (like WINE, a piece of free software) on your Mac or Linux/Ubuntu computer. It will create a Windows environment on your computer. You can use that environment to run Tyre.”

You have to have TomTom's MyDrive set up and registered to you. I have it on my iPhone.
You then upload the route created in MyRoute into MyDrive and from there it appears automatically on your TomTom.

I have the 550 which does all this wirelessly and it's easy and seamless. I'm still new to TomTom so not sure about other units but imagine it's the same?

Andres

Went away recently across the Alps with a mate who relentlessly questioned why I’d ditched my Nav VI for what he called the ‘inferior rubbish’, of a Tomtom 550.
After 10 days of him seeing the MyDrive App and the simplicity of planning a route, he was sold on it and now has the same.

I have the TomTom Rider and I create a route using google maps (mymaps) then save it as a KML and export to mydrive as a GPX file by using GPS Visualizer. Works incredibly well.

Back
Top Bottom