Oxidation. Because rust is vulgar.

SA9819

Reaction score
I have that. 2017 Rallye with 13,000 on the clock. Found three areas: on the right hand engine casing, three of the bolts on the casing and a little tray thing under the dash.

Vines reported it and BMW said fix it. Apparently it’ll be a 3 to 4 day job.

Vines were spot on for customer service and communication.

Obviously sir has not been using bottled Bavarian spring water and expensive perfumed BMW branded non biological cleansing balm to clean his prestige German motorcycle and thus caused the problem.

SHAME ON YOU !!!!

Obviously sir has not been using bottled Bavarian spring water and expensive perfumed BMW branded non biological cleansing balm to clean his prestige German motorcycle and thus caused the problem.

SHAME ON YOU !!!!

I reckon he did not read the user manual, Bmw Rallye not to be used in wet or damp conditions........................:D

Vines think a 3 year old bike bought new from them and always serviced by them is acceptable to have Oxidation until we start talking part exchange prices then they think it should still look like new.

Vines think a 3 year old bike bought new from them and always serviced by them is acceptable to have Oxidation until we start talking part exchange prices then they think it should still look like new.

I thought the decision to carry out repairs / replacement for this was BMW’s not the dealers?

Vines told me that they tried to put in a claim but it was rejected as BMW considered it acceptable on a bike one month short of its third birthday. Some of the rust was on replacement parts changed less than a year ago.

The rust is from under the paint so all the treatments in the world could not have stopped it.

They then said my bike was below retail quality and they would have to sell it in the trade which was reflected in their offer.

The bike might have been from a bad batch but that doesn't help me.

I was prepared to buy another new bike (hopefully from a better batch) but now I'm glad I didn't.

Mechanically I can't fault this bike but the paint is woeful considering what it cost.

Unless I hear that things are improving this will be my last BMW which is a shame they could have had a customer for life but I guess they sell so many bikes losing my business won't make a jot of difference to them.

Hopefully get 10 years use from it and trade it in for peanuts.

Vines told me that they tried to put in a claim but it was rejected as BMW considered it acceptable on a bike one month short of its third birthday. Some of the rust was on replacement parts changed less than a year ago.

The rust is from under the paint so all the treatments in the world could not have stopped it.

They then said my bike was below retail quality and they would have to sell it in the trade which was reflected in their offer.

The bike might have been from a bad batch but that doesn't help me.

I was prepared to buy another new bike (hopefully from a better batch) but now I'm glad I didn't.

Mechanically I can't fault this bike but the paint is woeful considering what it cost.

Unless I hear that things are improving this will be my last BMW which is a shame they could have had a customer for life but I guess they sell so many bikes losing my business won't make a jot of difference to them.

Hopefully get 10 years use from it and trade it in for peanuts.

Poor show that

I was very disappointed and the amount of times I had to phone back because nobody called me when promised was poor.

I felt like I was a nuisance, I'm an ordinary bloke who had to work hard to buy that bike but nobody at Vines appeared to give a toss.

Have had better service when I spent a fraction of the money from other dealers. I'm not after something for nothing but I want to be treated fairly and that's not how I feel now.

I was very disappointed and the amount of times I had to phone back because nobody called me when promised was poor.

I felt like I was a nuisance, I'm an ordinary bloke who had to work hard to buy that bike but nobody at Vines appeared to give a toss.

Have had better service when I spent a fraction of the money from other dealers. I'm not after something for nothing but I want to be treated fairly and that's not how I feel now.

You have been let down
Complain

The U.K. has some of the strongest consumer protection rights in the world. Suggest you use them.

I would complain ifI thought anyone was listening.

Such a shame because I love the bike and haven't seen another bike I would rather have.

I'm a very small fish in a large pond and me buying or not buying a new bike is insignificant but if they piss off hundreds of people like me and we stop buying new bikes perhaps one day they will have to start taking notice.

If I hadn't looked after the bike I could accept it but it's not the case.

interesting times.

if the new 2019 is not better at reliability or corrosion then BMW will lose customers.

What BMW fail to realise is that for every pissed off customer they tell 10 more... I honestly cannot recommend a BMW for quality and reliability. For handling I cannot fault it.

I will be keeping my sept 2013 bike for another 5 to 6 years and it will not be replaced with a BMW - unless the quality and reliability are improved and it comes with a 3 year warranty as standard. Not renewing yearly warranty, there are alot of 2nd user parts available and i have have had virtually every known fault... except two.

worse case scenario i could always leave it in London without a lock on...... :D (only joking)

18k for a new BMW it needs to be good!

interesting times.

if the new 2019 is not better at reliability or corrosion then BMW will lose customers.

What BMW fail to realise is that for every pissed off customer they tell 10 more... I honestly cannot recommend a BMW for quality and reliability. For handling I cannot fault it.

I will be keeping my sept 2013 bike for another 5 to 6 years and it will not be replaced with a BMW - unless the quality and reliability are improved and it comes with a 3 year warranty as standard. Not renewing yearly warranty, there are alot of 2nd user parts available and i have have had virtually every known fault... except two.

worse case scenario i could always leave it in London without a lock on...... :D (only joking)

18k for a new BMW it needs to be good!

Doubt it when they announce record sales figured every year. The roads in the UK must be made of salt!

Doubt it when they announce record sales figured every year. The roads in the UK must be made of salt!

As long as we keep keep buying them things will never improve.

If the sales fell dramatically they might start to do things properly.

New expensive bikes starting to rust within a year, they should be ashamed of themselves but the money men are only interested in the bottom line.

I get that it's a business and it needs to make money but make a quality product and look after your customers and in the long term it will pay off.

As long as we keep keep buying them things will never improve.

If the sales fell dramatically they might start to do things properly.

New expensive bikes starting to rust within a year, they should be ashamed of themselves but the money men are only interested in the bottom line.

I get that it's a business and it needs to make money but make a quality product and look after your customers and in the long term it will pay off.

Dunno but mine has been perfect after 2.5 years and 25,000 klms. Still looks close to showroom condition in fact.

Back
Top Bottom