A question about risers

Dave N

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,
I’ve now had my 2014 GSA for 6 months , and thoroughly enjoying it.
I have a fairly epic Eastern European jaunt coming up in a months time, can’t wait!
When I bought the bike, the previous owner gave me an unopened Rox Riser kit, and before I open the pack, and cut the tie wraps to move the brake pipes etc, I want to know if there is much difference in the quickness of the steering, and does is get more in the way when performing slow speed manoeuvres, like uturns etc.
Most of my runs so far have been short 30/40 miles, and although I have had no back problems on that kind of run, wonder if fitting the risers for 3/400mile days would help in the long run.
For comparison, I’m 6’2”, with long torso, shorter legs, and actually find myself slouching down behind the screen, but that could be force of habit from a life of sports bikes!

Cheers
Dave

Rox Risers are pretty good as there is a lot of variability in positioning, I had them on my F800GS. My advise though, especially if you go off road and are likely to drop it, is to really do the bolts up tight because they can 'twist' when its dropped.

I've gone for a Chinese copy of the Wunderlich risers on my R120GSA LC.

I would first get used to your bike as it is, before messing around with the bars, go ride it a bit more as it is, I am 6ft 2 and although I have a normal GS LC the bars seem perfect, and I can lean forward and push a bit down on them when needed, just my opinion.

Have them on mine.
Didn’t need to touch any clips, pipes, etc at all.
Made a massive difference in comfort and were a large part of the reason I did 1356 miles in 25hrs.
Yes - the steering feel changed a little but they are so easy to adjust, if you don’t like it then you can tweak them at the roadside.
As it stands now I wouldn’t change back and there are no chicken strips.
Stood up can be a little more awkward BUT that’s only really at speed with them being further back.
I wouldn’t hesitate to fit them.

Thanks for your input guys. I will do a decent run on it, and see how the back is after that. If I can get away without moving pipes and undoing the shock bolts, then I can always take them with me!
Cheers
Dave

I have risers on my Hexhead,

Riding position is more upright, , i tried a Triumph explorer earlier ths week, the bars on that are adventure style .

They felt like flat Renthals on a GXXR by comparison .

Try them , if you dont like them, at least you can take them back.

You could think about up and back risers, I have them on my GSW1200, and found them better all-round. Did not need to alter the levers, cables or anything.

He has them with the Rox only they are not fixed in one position but infinitely variable.

I’ve had a look on YouTube, and all the videos suggest you reroute the cables/brake lines to the outside of the
Shock. Do yours not foul at all?
Cheers
Dave

I’ve had a look on YouTube, and all the videos suggest you reroute the cables/brake lines to the outside of the
Shock. Do yours not foul at all?
Cheers
Dave

Nope :thumb

It depends on which riser you have, mine are 50mm adjustable up and back. I have them set rearward as much as poss and rotate the bars down so the end result is the bars are a couple of inches nearer without being higher. With this setup you do need to reroute cables, however, it is very easy to do.

Back
Top Bottom