Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Akra HP Sports Silencer

  1. #1
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    At the opera
    Posts
    48

    Akra HP Sports Silencer

    Anyone fitted the Akrapovic HP silencer to their GS/GS A? I'm toying with the idea of it and am interested in some thoughts. I'm not overly bothered about performance hikes; I'm not Valentino Rossi so wouldn't be able to (safely) exploit the difference anyway. It's more the sound that I'm interested in. My days of making windows rattle, small children bounce up and down on the pavement and old peoples' teeth fall out are over. However, I do like a pipe that has a few more noticeable decibels over and above the dustbin silencers that are standard on most bikes these days - I've heard a Toyota Pious make more noise! F'wits in cars that are too busy playing on their phones instead of paying attention to the road and their surroundings are a major concern of mine. If they don't see me coming then I'd like to think that they might hear me. Are the baffles removable on the Akra HP?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Iconoclast Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Howe of Fife
    Posts
    15,172
    The baffles on Euro 3 one are removable if you remove the rivets holding them in. I understand that the current Euro 4 one doesn't have removable baffles.

  3. #3
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    At the opera
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Schtum View Post
    The baffles on Euro 3 one are removable if you remove the rivets holding them in. I understand that the current Euro 4 one doesn't have removable baffles.
    Thanks for that I spoke to the dealer yesterday before I saw your reply and he confirmed what you've said above. However, he did send me a link to one company that does aftermarket bits and bobs and they have a couple of nice Yoshi pipes there as well as an Akra Euro 3:

    https://www.performanceparts-ltd.com...t=price&page=3

    I can't believe some of the prices though, they seem to have gone nuts. I paid 'only' £900 for a full race 3-1 Arrow system for my Speed Triple, although that was back in 2009. I had twin Fuel cans on my CBR 11 and for the price, they were excellent. They do an oval titanium unit for the GS called the Diablo in black stainless for £315 with removable baffles. Think I might go back to them.

  4. #4
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Peripatetic
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Anyone fitted the Akrapovic HP silencer to their GS/GS A? I'm toying with the idea of it and am interested in some thoughts. I'm not overly bothered about performance hikes; I'm not Valentino Rossi so wouldn't be able to (safely) exploit the difference anyway. It's more the sound that I'm interested in. My days of making windows rattle, small children bounce up and down on the pavement and old peoples' teeth fall out are over. However, I do like a pipe that has a few more noticeable decibels over and above the dustbin silencers that are standard on most bikes these days - I've heard a Toyota Pious make more noise! F'wits in cars that are too busy playing on their phones instead of paying attention to the road and their surroundings are a major concern of mine. If they don't see me coming then I'd like to think that they might hear me. Are the baffles removable on the Akra HP?

    Thanks in advance.
    Hi, I've had Akra's on a few of my bikes, but since installing a Remus can on my wife's R1200RS I became very envious of the much richer sound from the Remus, so on my most recent GSA I installed a Remus 8 end can, and it was worth every penny for the sound alone.
    Purchased via Mecadata in France https://www.mecadata.com

    J.R.
    Sarcasm: The brain's natural defence against the less intelligent.....

  5. #5
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    At the opera
    Posts
    48

    Click here to find out how to remove these ads

    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    Hi, I've had Akra's on a few of my bikes, but since installing a Remus can on my wife's R1200RS I became very envious of the much richer sound from the Remus, so on my most recent GSA I installed a Remus 8 end can, and it was worth every penny for the sound alone.
    Purchased via Mecadata in France https://www.mecadata.com

    J.R.
    Great shout, thank you Even in Euros, those prices are not a lot more than than Sterling on the Performance Parts site.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"