Thread: Akra HP Sports Silencer

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Akra HP Sports Silencer

Anyone fitted the Akrapovic HP silencer to their GS/GS A? I'm toying with the idea of it and am interested in some thoughts. I'm not overly bothered about performance hikes; I'm not Valentino Rossi so wouldn't be able to (safely) exploit the difference anyway. It's more the sound that I'm interested in. My days of making windows rattle, small children bounce up and down on the pavement and old peoples' teeth fall out are over. However, I do like a pipe that has a few more noticeable decibels over and above the dustbin silencers that are standard on most bikes these days - I've heard a Toyota Pious make more noise! F'wits in cars that are too busy playing on their phones instead of paying attention to the road and their surroundings are a major concern of mine. If they don't see me coming then I'd like to think that they might hear me. Are the baffles removable on the Akra HP?

Thanks in advance.

Iconoclast Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    The baffles on Euro 3 one are removable if you remove the rivets holding them in. I understand that the current Euro 4 one doesn't have removable baffles.

Quote Originally Posted by Schtum View Post
    The baffles on Euro 3 one are removable if you remove the rivets holding them in. I understand that the current Euro 4 one doesn't have removable baffles.
    Thanks for that I spoke to the dealer yesterday before I saw your reply and he confirmed what you've said above. However, he did send me a link to one company that does aftermarket bits and bobs and they have a couple of nice Yoshi pipes there as well as an Akra Euro 3:

https://www.performanceparts-ltd.com...t=price&page=3

I can't believe some of the prices though, they seem to have gone nuts. I paid 'only' £900 for a full race 3-1 Arrow system for my Speed Triple, although that was back in 2009. I had twin Fuel cans on my CBR 11 and for the price, they were excellent. They do an oval titanium unit for the GS called the Diablo in black stainless for £315 with removable baffles. Think I might go back to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Anyone fitted the Akrapovic HP silencer to their GS/GS A? I'm toying with the idea of it and am interested in some thoughts. I'm not overly bothered about performance hikes; I'm not Valentino Rossi so wouldn't be able to (safely) exploit the difference anyway. It's more the sound that I'm interested in. My days of making windows rattle, small children bounce up and down on the pavement and old peoples' teeth fall out are over. However, I do like a pipe that has a few more noticeable decibels over and above the dustbin silencers that are standard on most bikes these days - I've heard a Toyota Pious make more noise! F'wits in cars that are too busy playing on their phones instead of paying attention to the road and their surroundings are a major concern of mine. If they don't see me coming then I'd like to think that they might hear me. Are the baffles removable on the Akra HP?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi, I've had Akra's on a few of my bikes, but since installing a Remus can on my wife's R1200RS I became very envious of the much richer sound from the Remus, so on my most recent GSA I installed a Remus 8 end can, and it was worth every penny for the sound alone.
    Purchased via Mecadata in France https://www.mecadata.com

J.R.
    Sarcasm: The brain's natural defence against the less intelligent.....

Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    Hi, I've had Akra's on a few of my bikes, but since installing a Remus can on my wife's R1200RS I became very envious of the much richer sound from the Remus, so on my most recent GSA I installed a Remus 8 end can, and it was worth every penny for the sound alone.

J.R.
    Great shout, thank you Even in Euros, those prices are not a lot more than than Sterling on the Performance Parts site.

Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post

J.R.
    Like you I had Akrapovic on the last few GSs and wanted a change and have the black Remus 8. I ordered the “sport” version which is supposed to have removable baffle but have discovered the retaining screw still has a dab of weld which I haven’t gotten off yet.

Look on here for a used Akra, always popping up for £500-600ish..they are beautifully made and look great on the Bike plus you will get you money back if you want to sell on, so its free mines 5yr old and looks like new.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Thanks for that I spoke to the dealer yesterday before I saw your reply and he confirmed what you've said above. However, he did send me a link to one company that does aftermarket bits and bobs and they have a couple of nice Yoshi pipes there as well as an Akra Euro 3:

https://www.performanceparts-ltd.com...t=price&page=3

I can't believe some of the prices though, they seem to have gone nuts. I paid 'only' £900 for a full race 3-1 Arrow system for my Speed Triple, although that was back in 2009. I had twin Fuel cans on my CBR 11 and for the price, they were excellent. They do an oval titanium unit for the GS called the Diablo in black stainless for £315 with removable baffles. Think I might go back to them.
    Have you seen this one, I have it, bloody nice indeed.

https://www.scproject-shop.com/bmw_r...dventure_e.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Smogbob View Post
    Have you seen this one, I have it, bloody nice indeed.

https://www.scproject-shop.com/bmw_r...dventure_e.htm
    That’s hardly any cheaper than an Akra, by the time you’ve negotiated a decent discount on one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty GSER View Post
    That’s hardly any cheaper than an Akra, by the time you’ve negotiated a decent discount on one.
    If you can negociate well, then maybe, over here average Akra is about 850€ now....