Hill Start Control

Use it on flat ground first to get used to having to revup to pull away, after that you will see it is an awesome help.

I've used it many times now, Couple of times sat on an incline then thought "Hell, I've got this Hill start thingy" it works great. Just like a hand-break. I never rev up to drive away though, Just pull the lever in and let it go, then ride off. Great addition. But not nearly as fantastic as my TFT:D

I've used it many times now, Couple of times sat on an incline then thought "Hell, I've got this Hill start thingy" it works great. Just like a hand-break. I never rev up to drive away though, Just pull the lever in and let it go, then ride off. Great addition. But not nearly as fantastic as my TFT:D

Nige you will sell your TFT as soon as the next tablet comes out..........:D

My tft is that good, I am thinking about ditching the nav 6

The TFT has made my Nav redundant. Only for navigating. The TFT is fantastic.
And no, Smog, Ill be keeping this baby !

Andy does the TFT show the bends in the roads, quite useful in the passes in Europe

I have used the TFT nav. It works. And I like the way you can simply save favorites on the phone app,then nav to them. But it isn't a touch on the Navigator. I suspect the Navigator will be incorporated into the TFT....

I have used the TFT nav. It works. And I like the way you can simply save favorites on the phone app,then nav to them. But it isn't a touch on the Navigator. I suspect the Navigator will be incorporated into the TFT....

Now that might be a stroke of genius

Unless I am terrible mistaken, when BMW first showed the scooter-bikes a couple of years back, one of them was actually equipped with such a setup, similar to what has been optional for Audi and VW for a couple of years.
I think it is just a matter of time before the mixed display hits the production line. The knowhow and technology is all ready there. Using a GPS on top of the TFT is such a waste of an excellent display.

It would be nice and neat. Then of course BMW can charge for a subscription to keep the maps updated. I know for the cars it used to be an outrageous price for the newer map dvds. Don’t know what it costs now for the current cars that download the updates.

I know for the cars it used to be an outrageous price for the newer map dvds. Don’t know what it costs now for the current cars that download the updates.

I don't know about BMW, but as far as I know VW/Audi charges nothing. However, downloads are via the Mobile net, and phone company may charge for data downloads.

Usually the electronics for bikes comes a couple of years later than for cars. Perhaps the MC people are waiting for further development, as in smaller boxes, in order to fit on a bike?

Remains to be seen.

I have been told from a very reliable person who says that they are working on a removable tablet style dashboard, so you can take it with you, so I guess sat nav integration would make sense.

I have been told from a very reliable person who says that they are working on a removable tablet style dashboard, so you can take it with you, so I guess sat nav integration would make sense.

Sounds like exiting news. Even if these systems in the past were associated with large boxes, the introduction of iPad and later Android tablets was a game-changer in the sense that there now is enough data-power built into the tablet (as in behind the screen), and external boxes will no longer be needed.
Even now, imagine an iPad with a CAN-bus interface. Then it would only be a matter of writing software for a complete virtual dashboard.

Sounds like exiting news. Even if these systems in the past were associated with large boxes, the introduction of iPad and later Android tablets was a game-changer in the sense that there now is enough data-power built into the tablet (as in behind the screen), and external boxes will no longer be needed.
Even now, imagine an iPad with a CAN-bus interface. Then it would only be a matter of writing software for a complete virtual dashboard.

Yep get the cheque book ready, as many surely will. :D

Watched in horror as a mate with a new bike dropped his bike when turning on a narrow steep hill. We worked out he had set the hill start before he moved, but didn’t realise and the extra resistance was enough to cause him to put his foot down on the low side with inevitable consequences.
RTFM - Read The Manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom