MyRide just gets shitter and shitter

stolzy

Reaction score
So after many hours of IT struggle involving multiple transatlantic calls I have my FreeCom 4 headset connected to the dash, all fine and dandy.

Except music is close to impossible since the audio skips about half a second every 24.4 seconds.

"MyRide, the gift that keeps on sucking the life force out of you"

If it's any consolation I know that the BM implementation on the latest GSs has the same issue for some headsets (even some BMW headsets!).

Bluetooth is a "standard" which is not only evolving over time but also subject to lots of different interpretations.
If the people writing the firmware for the kit you have all interpret the same way as KTM you're OK(ish) - if they don't you're F*cked.

My advise is to give up on it; pair your headset directly with your music source, enjoy riding your bike, and forget about using it as a bluetooth hub.

My advise is to give up on it; pair your headset directly with your music source, enjoy riding your bike, and forget about using it as a bluetooth hub.

My headset to phone is excellent, I can get home, turn off headset, then the next time I use it everything works fine, as long as I have not closed the music app on my phone I can press the music button and off it goes, no aggro and no stress.

If I use my Sat-Nav as a BT Hub I also have a lot more aggro, not as bad as it seems some folk have it with MyRide, but it is a ball ache sometimes, now I know how to get it going again each time it breaks with minimum effort it is useable, but if I don't need Sat Nav commands / Camera Warnings I just use Phone- Headset directly.

Back
Top Bottom