A blatant plug!

Posh Pete

Still got a pulse.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Came home yesterday absolutely knackered after a day out with this guy : https://www.get2grips.co.uk/about-us.html

Knackered, partly because it was another hot day but mainly because we (myself , another IAM group member and Roddie as instructor) spent nearly all of it riding with very high levels of concentration on some very demanding roads in and around the Perthshire highlands.

Riding at NSL speeds with someone a foot or two away from your bike telling you on BT to "Hold that line ... Watch that limit point move ... Slow ... Quick ... Power on!" may be old hat for the Polis trained riders among us but it was a revelation to me. It was knackering but also hugely enjoyable and confidence inspiring. There was some theory but the emphasis was on practical demos as above. Just listening to Roddie's commentaries as he rode was a reminder of how much time, effort and expertise goes into training Police riders and gives us all something to aspire to.

Highly recommended and no connection to yer man other than as a happy (but tired) client. :D

I went out for a ride last week with an ex-police rider and a couple of others. What a reality check! You think you are reasonably quick, safe and smooth and then you have all of your perceptions blown away after five minutes with a bloke who has been trained to the very highest level. At times I flattered myself into thinking that I was staying with him but in reality I suspect he was just riding with more restraint than normal. A great day and it proved that even after all these years that you never stop learning.

Glad you had a good day Peter.

As a bonus, as we headed along the North shore of Loch Tay, headed west, one of these flew alongside us for a second or two. :D

Going a bit faster than NSL though.

May I presume Peter that now, on the next Battlefield Tour, we won't be overtaken by a Motorhome on a three miles straight bit of main road :D

Eh ... what's that you said?

:beerjug:

May I presume Peter that now, on the next Battlefield Tour, we won't be overtaken by a Motorhome on a three miles straight bit of main road :D

Eh ... what's that you said?

:beerjug:

Oooooh! How much sharper than a serpent's tooth is the tongue of Yorkie! :D

Holibobs is bimble mode Micky. Should have seen the line of campers behind me in the Pfalz last week. Getting to the bar is another matter. :D

Pursuit management ????
Does that mean no overtaking ?

Institutionalised riding

Cops I’ve ridden with on here either get lost, fall off or ride on the wrong side of the road in foreign climbs, You know who you are :D

Back
Top Bottom