Wind buffeting

Its the noise I have to try & deal with. I suffer with Tinnitus and riding a bike makes it worse.

At the risk of wrath from many on here, have you tried listening to music through in-ear ear phones whilst on the bike. That might help your tinnitus as it varies the sound frequency. Just a thought!

I have music via autocom if I need it. Earphones will not give adequate protection against wind noise & I haven't found any moulded plugs which fit correctly. Wind noise aggravates my tinnitus more than most other noise sources I am generally exposed to.

Have a look here,
https://advrider.com/index.php?thre...to-increase-windshield-default-angle.1082239/

Ive put these on with a +4inch screen from slipscreen (highly recommended to deal with:thumby:)

Now I have the screen as low as possible and a nice bubble of clean air over my head and a great view over the top of the screen, I ride open face with visor up mostly.:thumby:

Great idea but I would certainly be looking at putting on some Cymarc or other windshield support brackets, at high speed something will surely snap, just a gut feeling when you see how much the standard screens wobble at speed, so more upright means more wind pressure on the screen. :rob even though they say no braces needed, I doubt that.

Great idea but I would certainly be looking at putting on some Cymarc or other windshield support brackets, at high speed something will surely snap, just a gut feeling when you see how much the standard screens wobble at speed, so more upright means more wind pressure on the screen. :rob even though they say no braces needed, I doubt that.

Not yet they havent, I have them fitted and can tell you there is next to no screen shake,tested at speed regularly.

Givi fitted and tested works better for me in all positions compared to the others I tried.. Will be posting up an MRA X creen and Puig touring later.

Screens

Almost like a what tyre or oil thing

what works for one will be horrid for another

The buffeting of course is not the air that comes off the top of the screen but the turbulent air made in the void behind it and then of course where that turbulent air is then directed.

Different helmets also deal with this differently

I could never get it right on my GSA

The XR screen was much better, I'm a short arse and so was the screen.

The Hypermotard of course has no screen whatsoever and i get zero buffeting but all the wind which suits me fine.

I have no answer but try a very small screen which wont protect you from the elements but will deflect enough wind to be comfortable

Screens

Almost like a what tyre or oil thing

what works for one will be horrid for another

The buffeting of course is not the air that comes off the top of the screen but the turbulent air made in the void behind it and then of course where that turbulent air is then directed.

Different helmets also deal with this differently

I could never get it right on my GSA

The XR screen was much better, I'm a short arse and so was the screen.

The Hypermotard of course has no screen whatsoever and i get zero buffeting but all the wind which suits me fine.

I have no answer but try a very small screen which wont protect you from the elements but will deflect enough wind to be comfortable

Yep must agree with Rick, a small screen enough to take the wind off your chest, as to not pull on the arms to much works wonders, it is actually better as when it rains that clear air actually get the rain off the visor quicker.

I tend to go larger, the Givi 5108DT works very well for me. Slight buffeting, but the wind noise up or down is now more than acceptable. Plenty of wind through the visor as well. No one solution works for everybody.

You think this screen is bad you should try the KTM 1299 SA-T, it’s awful.

The thing that worked best for me on the GSA was the MRA X-Screen Jobbie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm still looking to cut the wind noise to reduce aggravating my tinnitus. When I had my Pan, I generally rode with the screen in the lowest position which was the quietest for me. So my next options may be to look at fitting one of the smaller sports type screens ( Puig or Slipscreen Sport etc). For those who have fitted one, did you find a reduction in the wind noise level?

Another shout for the MRA Vario. The lovely Mrs Saint and I both notice a huge difference, with much less buffeting and less noise.

I’ve fitted a Puig clip on spolier to my Wunderlich Marathon screen (with extra support which is 100% necessary).
Screen in the lowest position and spoiler parallel to the Marathon. I can see over everything and gives me wonderful, quiet ride. Zero turbulence at any speed and can ride with my modular helmet in the flipped up position without any wind catching the tip (also at 100kph+)
I am also using the Puig handguard spoilers and Wunderlich headlight spoiler.
Also about to receive/install the Aeroflow HFX & aeroguards to take some wind off my chest & shoulders.

Any more spoilers and I believe I will take off :eek:

But seriously, I’m very pleased with the setup I have now on my GSA LC.
For reference, I’m 6’ 1, 34” inseam and use a Neotec II on most rides.
I have not tried the above setup with a passenger yet.

Another shout for the MRA Vario. The lovely Mrs Saint and I both notice a huge difference, with much less buffeting and less noise.

Tried it & wasn't happy with the results. I have never had issues with turbulence, it is wind noise I an trying to reduce.

Back
Top Bottom