Go on then, pull it to pieces.

Oh, and to reinforce my view on staying away from the centre line in corners.... there was a biker years ago who hit a lorry coming the opposite way. Lost his leg in the collision.

In court the lorry drivers lawyers argued, even though the lorry was across the centre line, he had no choice because of the size of the lorry. But then argued the motorcycle rider should have been on the outside radius and he was at fault.

The judge agreed and denied compensation to the motorcyclist as the rider could have avoided the accident, whereas the lorry driver couldn't have done anything differently. He drove within the limitations of his vehicle.

So be careful :)

To get a decent sound plug a lavallier mic into the camera and route it inside your helmet, significantly cuts the wind noise and also allows you to talk on the video

Costs about £20 to do

Opinions are like arseholes......etc

Looked alright and your here to fight another day....that’s a good ride.

Could it be better.....yes, but that’s what every ride is, a chance to improve.

I’ll be surprised if anyone here can make the perfect ride video without multiple cameras and a riding god aboard, of course they’ll be plenty of riding gods here I’m sure.

Opinions are like arseholes......etc

Looked alright and your here to fight another day....that’s a good ride.

Could it be better.....yes, but that’s what every ride is, a chance to improve.

I’ll be surprised if anyone here can make the perfect ride video without multiple cameras and a riding god aboard, of course they’ll be plenty of riding gods here I’m sure.

What a crock of shit.

About as useful as a fart in a spacesuit

Positioning on RH corners could have been better
as could LH corners
Go in deeper get a view

Could have straight lined a series of bends

Why the fook go to North Wales to straight line lovely open moorland twisties like this B4391 Ffestiniog to Bala road. Yor fookas over there are obsessesed with straight lining curves and bends. Sheesh :blast

I'm with Flipfly. Enjoy yerrsen Rat.:thumb2

Heres a thing

Was it a perfect ride ?
was it technically good ?

IMO no it wasn't either but if the lad enjoyed it, got home safe and sound without killing or injuring anyone else the all in all its a good day out

We can sit here all day long and criticise constructively or otherwise but its none of our business if the man wants to have training or even improve his riding.

We can all improve and some train and practice in order to get the perfect ride ( which never really happens) some just like riding their bike !

Heres a thing

Was it a perfect ride ?
was it technically good ?

IMO no it wasn't either but if the lad enjoyed it, got home safe and sound without killing or injuring anyone else the all in all its a good day out

We can sit here all day long and criticise constructively or otherwise but its none of our business if the man wants to have training or even improve his riding.

We can all improve and some train and practice in order to get the perfect ride ( which never really happens) some just like riding their bike !

Fuck off, he asked for an opinion.

So were giving it.

Oh, and to reinforce my view on staying away from the centre line in corners.... there was a biker years ago who hit a lorry coming the opposite way. Lost his leg in the collision.

In court the lorry drivers lawyers argued, even though the lorry was across the centre line, he had no choice because of the size of the lorry. But then argued the motorcycle rider should have been on the outside radius and he was at fault.

The judge agreed and denied compensation to the motorcyclist as the rider could have avoided the accident, whereas the lorry driver couldn't have done anything differently. He drove within the limitations of his vehicle.

So be careful :)

I was always told to sacrifice position for safety - your position should give you time to see the approaching lorry and the ability to adjust your position so as to avoid the truck taking your leg off.....

I appreciate all the feedback thanks. After my tumble (the first, other than dropping off the stand or trying to turn a bike round and losing balance and letting go, in 48 years riding on the road) I have lost a great deal of confidence, but then being bounced down the outside lane of the M40 by a big Merc at speed is likely to do that I suppose. Phooey has offered to give me a ride out, when he is better. I have tried to get on another Bike Safe, but they are all full. I was going to get in touch with the IAM, but I am put right off by things like: 'you missed an overtake' - really? Where? I didn't want to overtake anyone, so how I missed it I will never know. The car was breaking trail for me quite nicely, a road I had never seen before, I didn't know where I had to turn off and the car was going fast enough.

Now, if the IAM or any other 'advanced' outfit requires me to ride faster than I want to - then I have no interest in them. I have an avid interest in riding safely, smoothly and 'better' if they can do that, but I have no interest in riding faster. I ride to save fuel, today I rode down to Kent, on the whole at a steady 52-55 on A roads. I had to endure the M25 to go over the river and stuck at a steady 60-62. FFast enough to get past a truck and then drop back in out of the way. I know many (most) of you will roll your eyes at such pedestrian bimbling, but that is my economic pace. My tyres, brakes and fuel go much further, and the engine is only purring unlaboured too, so wear and tear are greatly reduced. THAT to me is what makes a good rider, not someone who can scrape their expensive boots on a bend. I have never scraped anything and I have no desire to. Those who want to, bully for them, but don't tell me I cannot be a safer or bettter rider because I choose not to.

Have you finished....

Go to RoSPA. They are perfect for you.

I was always told to sacrifice position for safety - your position should give you time to see the approaching lorry and the ability to adjust your position so as to avoid the truck taking your leg off.....

I think you mean never sacrifice safety for view
Its the same thing in essence but road position i.e off siding is for view and clearly that can be sacrificed for the safety but on the whole the wider you can be before a corner is best

I appreciate all the feedback thanks. After my tumble (the first, other than dropping off the stand or trying to turn a bike round and losing balance and letting go, in 48 years riding on the road) I have lost a great deal of confidence, but then being bounced down the outside lane of the M40 by a big Merc at speed is likely to do that I suppose. Phooey has offered to give me a ride out, when he is better. I have tried to get on another Bike Safe, but they are all full. I was going to get in touch with the IAM, but I am put right off by things like: 'you missed an overtake' - really? Where? I didn't want to overtake anyone, so how I missed it I will never know. The car was breaking trail for me quite nicely, a road I had never seen before, I didn't know where I had to turn off and the car was going fast enough.

Now, if the IAM or any other 'advanced' outfit requires me to ride faster than I want to - then I have no interest in them. I have an avid interest in riding safely, smoothly and 'better' if they can do that, but I have no interest in riding faster. I ride to save fuel, today I rode down to Kent, on the whole at a steady 52-55 on A roads. I had to endure the M25 to go over the river and stuck at a steady 60-62. FFast enough to get past a truck and then drop back in out of the way. I know many (most) of you will roll your eyes at such pedestrian bimbling, but that is my economic pace. My tyres, brakes and fuel go much further, and the engine is only purring unlaboured too, so wear and tear are greatly reduced. THAT to me is what makes a good rider, not someone who can scrape their expensive boots on a bend. I have never scraped anything and I have no desire to. Those who want to, bully for them, but don't tell me I cannot be a safer or bettter rider because I choose not to.

Spend a couple of hundred quid on a 1 to 1 with someone like Advanced biker or Giles of this parish trust me it will be worth the money

I was going to get in touch with the IAM, but I am put right off by things like: 'you missed an overtake' - really? Where? I didn't want to overtake anyone, so how I missed it I will never know.

When I did my RoSPA that comment was never levelled at me and there must have been some I missed. I did raise the question with my tutor about the 'need' for overtakes and her comment was that on test you'll have to show the examiner that your are able to ride up to the speed limit and overtake, where safe to do so. If there are no opportunities for a safe overtake then fine.

Funnily enough on my test I did get feedback on not taking two overtakes (I think I made 4 during the test) and constructive advice on a change of position that would have enabled me to take them, if I wanted too. I was slightly miffed as I didn't see them but did take his advice and now apply it in everyday riding.

During my time with my tutor I was never pressured into riding quicker.

Before joining RoSPA I did (as Rick is recommending) a 1 to 1 with Rapid Training and learned many principles during that day - I passed my test in 1979 and had no further training. Mark was very encouraging particularly on taking further training - not with them, but with a local IAM/RoSPA.

Give your local group a go and if you don't feel comfortable choose another.

Other than the obvious navigational error......critique welcome.

For someone who apparently can’t manage a home computer or fill in a form without endless distress verging on a mental breakdown, the creation of a video, its uploading to YouTube and its successful display here, is quite an achievement. You are to be congratulated.

+1 for having the nuts to ask our Tosser brethren for a critique :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom