Go on then, pull it to pieces.

are you running the bike in :D

On a safety point.....
I can see from the shadow you have your Go Pro on The top of your helmet.

If you come off you stand a chance of breaking your neck!

Very much a no no in my opinion.

On a safety point.....
I can see from the shadow you have your Go Pro on The top of your helmet.

If you come off you stand a chance of breaking your neck!

Very much a no no in my opinion.

It was only held on with a 'laccy band' though - another reason for not going too fast......expensive loss (and it isn't a Go Pro, its worse, a Garmin VIRB given to me by Garmin for doing my boating stuff with. I was moonlighting!)

Needed a fair bit of fast forwarding.

That's a brilliant idea for fuel and tyre life savings!
I think I shall start pushing the bike, with the video going, then if I fast forward the video, I will get there quicker.... :aidan

You are all over the shop ...

Not very fluid

It's these tyres, they're not very stable, being rounded instead of square. Now, I am going to put forward an idea to the Transport Minister for tyreless bikes, and if they laid a single rail we could ride down the rail on the rims and everyone would go where the tracks went.

Other than the obvious navigational error......critique welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mw1gEBZ9Nc&t=6s

In my opinion, it's not all good.

- Information

Aside from the 'junction incident', you're not reading the road surface as good as you could be. Several times you ride over melted tar tracks, grit and cats eyes, when you don't need to be riding there and a better position could be used. Better positioning will give you a better view, braking and grip surface and more safety. Keep off those melted tar tracks and cats eyes.

Stay on the outside radius of a corner until you can see the exit is clear. Ideally, if the road has grit on it, in the road position a car would take with its

a) nearside wheel (on a right hand turn)
b) offside wheel (on a left hand turn).

Car tyres tend to move grit aside leaving a cleaner road surface.

What was good, is you were looking through the corners on that tight right hand bend. That was good.

- Positioning.

Your position on the road when taking corners is potentially dangerous for you as a rider. You need to approach corners on the outside radius (providing it's safe to do so) and stay there until you can see the exit, so you can see more and keep your lean angle away from oncoming traffic (when fully leaned over, a motorcycle takes up the width of a car, so you don't want to be near the centre line overhanging into oncoming traffic). You turn in too early and running to wide on exit (sometimes on the wrong side of the road, when there is no need to be there). Forget the apex on road riding unless you can see the exit is clear. Think of the road surface as your emergency braking surface, you always want to be on the best quality bit and speed accordingly.

- Speed

Although you need to be able to stop on your side of the road in the distance you can see to be clear, some of your riding was too slow, and you missed a car overtake opportunity. Once your Positioning is better, your speed will improve. Stop slowing down during cornering. Slow in, accelerate out as it gives the bike more stability.

- Gears

Had video sound off, so can't comment except... use a lower gear and use engine braking and acceleration to balance the bike leading up to and during cornering

- Acceleration.

You should be accelerating through the corners. In slow, accelerate through and out. It'll take the load off front tyre and balance the bike better. But you are slowing down through each corner which causes instability and looks messy. It looks like you approach the corner too fast, decide to slow down as you go round, then build up speed again when you exit. This isn't ideal as your compromising bike stability during the corner. Slow down using engine braking before the corner.

Go get some Advanced Training, honestly it'll improve your riding a lot.

Back
Top Bottom