98 1100 Rear Calliper

dunnie

Reaction score
Folks.....Any ideas or anyone come across this with their any 1100's?? My rear calliper has the pad retaining pin which is supposed to have a circlip holding it in position. I need to change the pads but for the life of me I can't get the pin to budge, theres nothing holding the pin in place that I can see and I stuck as to how I can remove the pads.
If anyone has ever found this before then please can you shed some light on how I can get the pin out to change the pads.....

kindest regards

:thumby:

one of my front ones was absolutely solid first time i changed pads after buying the 1100. a suitable size drift and judicious use of the BFH finally moved it. replaced with stainless and cleaned the oxidation out the hole, smear of copper slip on reassembly. should be fine for next change.

Folks.....Any ideas or anyone come across this with their any 1100's?? My rear calliper has the pad retaining pin which is supposed to have a circlip holding it in position. I need to change the pads but for the life of me I can't get the pin to budge, theres nothing holding the pin in place that I can see and I stuck as to how I can remove the pads.
If anyone has ever found this before then please can you shed some light on how I can get the pin out to change the pads.....

kindest regards

:thumby:

Are you trying to remove it the right way ? the pin pushes thru from the front ie the pin exits into the hub area ..jus saying :)

Are you trying to remove it the right way ? the pin pushes thru from the front ie the pin exits into the hub area ..jus saying :)

This, and the collar round the pin can become quite attached to the caliper. A soak overnight with some penetrating oil may help but normally a good clout with a suitable drift & hammer will free it off. If possible get it off the bike and lay it on a suitable surface so you’re not risking damaging the attachment points.

Back
Top Bottom