help with Norway

unicycler

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
as title say.
We were a group of 4 going to norway for 10 days at the start of August. Now we are three with the main leader not being able to go now due to personal problems.
we are collecting our bikes in Oslo and heading off for nine days then returning to Oslo.
I would be grateful if anyone could give me a rough route to take in the best roads they have experienced as this would be a possible route for us to follow if possible please.

any help/input would be greatly appreciated.

troll pass is up that way.... ask someone to take up troll pass... would be my suggestion... can't miss it.... it's meant to be an expirience and a half...

let us know how you get on....

Fjordland around Bergen. Go to Flam and have a day out on the Train up into the mountains. Trollstigen. Geirangerfjord. The old road over the top to Laerdal.

he was due to plan routes this week, but thats out the window now.

thanks for input so far, have map ordered and will start highlighting places/routes when it arrives.

Do not break the speed limit.
The fines are eye watering.......
Just relax and enjoy the scenery.
If you want to hoon around, go to a different country.

heard the speeding fines were mental, will be no speeding as all just want to go for the experience, scenery and try a bit of camping in between hotels

The Atlantic Road is mighty impressive ............ https://www.visitnorway.com/places-...tional-tourist-route-atlanterhavsvegen/11862/

Norway = 4 Seasons in one day. Take a good cross section of gear - we got the lot, including snow in August; wondered why the orchard covers were being drawn over the previous day.
Watch your speed too - many a speed trap when we were there.

The Atlantic Highway looks good from the air but is not worth the effort we you actually ride it. Loads of far more interesting roads than this one INMHO....

Check out RichyVida Wildbad touring's trip to Norway on youtube. Looks amazing!:bow

Good article in the Gardian today about a trip up the west coat . It’s bloody expensive out there though. We were going to do a trip but massive fees to get the bikes out there. I’m half Norwegian so wanted to visit the motherland but jees the cost was massive . Will get there some day:cool:

How many driving-days, and what kind of bikes will you be using? Will you be using tents, cabins or hotels? What about gravel roads, would you like to drive on fairly well prepared grave-roads, or is it strictly ard surface roads?

Just back from a few weeks riding / camping in Norway,,
Best advice is not to be prescriptive about your trip , Simply buy a MICHELIN map ,and follow your nose using the roads which have the green ( scenic markers ) along them , there is so much of it that is simply stunning,,you can't really go wrong !

Don't speed
Don't booze drive

I camp mostly, but use cabins when weather is inclement .
It is expensive, but by self catering / cooking it is manageable :thumb2

Don't over think it just go ,,, and if the weather gods smile you can't fail to enjoy :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom