Anyone doing much ?

I’ll be buying one hopefully in the next few weeks

Ahh, but which one to go for...
Marshall’s at Laceby have a couple of pre registered ones & a pure with a striking paint job, & a scrambler coming in today with 300 miles on the clock 1 year old really good buy

I've just had a Sargent tail hump painted gloss black; still to fit it.

Think the r nine models have alimited appeal model . having had one for a loaner it was terrible , crap on the motorway , seat was awful,it might be ok for the coffee bar posers but wouldn’t like to do many miles on one

I test rode a scrambler a couple of weeks ago. Soooo wanted one, a great looking bike as a second bike for sunny days...:D what a disappointment, suspension was so hard my teeth were rattling when I got off after an hour... and the seat was like a plank of wood. Great ride on smooth A and B roads, but if there is the slightest bump in the road, especiallly in town, then it was simply painful,to ride...:mad:
I have never been so pissed off at not wanting to spend £10k... :blast

I test rode a scrambler a couple of weeks ago. Soooo wanted one, a great looking bike as a second bike for sunny days...:D what a disappointment, suspension was so hard my teeth were rattling when I got off after an hour... and the seat was like a plank of wood. Great ride on smooth A and B roads, but if there is the slightest bump in the road, especiallly in town, then it was simply painful,to ride...:mad:
I have never been so pissed off at not wanting to spend £10k... :blast

Agree, they’re a great second bike, suspension leaves a bit to be desired, the seat on the scrambler is hard, I have an Urban & the seat is bearable up to 300 miles or 6 hours, back to wind in your face tho unless u fit a fairing..

Bubble has burst on them ... look how many low miles ones are for sale .... and those stupid coloured ones stuck like glue to the showrooms....

Bubble has burst on them ... look how many low miles ones are for sale .... and those stupid coloured ones stuck like glue to the showrooms....

Agreed, pay £11k++ for the X variant and in less than 1000 miles it's blown £3k - down to a little over or around £8k:blast

Bubble has well and truly burst

It it had decent suspension and some decent mudguards, fore and aft it's a better proposition

EDIT - Aha, as if by magic ..............one appears

1100 miles, neck end of £12k new (posh one) and now £8k

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/487340-BMW-R-NINE-T

I’ll be buying one hopefully in the next few weeks

Bhanstormers Alton have my old Scrambler X - Rizoma Fly Screen, Unit Rack, head protection, bash plate, SW motec lowering kit......better then new......2,600 miles - a year old on 30th June.

I've got a Pure and really like it. I did about 1000 miles in a long weekend with the standard saddle a few weeks ago, far more comfortable than my S1000R was!. It was absolutely fine on the motorways at 80. I'll be keeping and using mine all year round, for some time yet.

I’ve thought all along that the R9T range is massively overpriced, for what you actually get, and that’s why I haven’t bought one. Well, one of the reasons. ;)

Had an urban GS as a loaner whilst they changed the chocolate cams in my GS

The engine was good and it sounded great but the riding position was leant forwards and only any good when giving it the berries

Suspension was harsh though It handled OK and the brakes were good

Pegs too high and seat not very comfortable, tried it two up but it was truly terrible

Even though I had it for a week I mainly left it in the garage as I much preferred to use my T120, a far better second bike in my opinion both 1 up and especially 2 up

I’ve thought all along that the R9T range is massively overpriced, for what you actually get, and that’s why I haven’t bought one. Well, one of the reasons. ;)

Miles of smiles for £10k tho...
great little engine, no corrosion as yet, easy & cheap to modify to your own individuality, resale values holding up reasonably well, stable if you crack it open (compared to others I’ve tried or owned) even though I’m on Tck80’s..

I suppose compared to other bikes in the range they’re not particularly practical - no hard luggage and no weather protection without a fair bit of mods. You are also paying quite rich money for the old twincam engine, with no development costs to recoup. They were a fashionable item and fashions die out - not that it’s not a decent bike, but people will always buy the GS and RT versions for the total package. I had one (Pure I think) as a loan once - better gearbox than the LC, engine felt smoother but suspension was very harsh and seat was like a plank of wood. Seriously though - a bike with no fuel gauge or rev counter in 2018!

Funny looking through these posts, some like these bikes, some not so, each to their own.
I first sat on an early Nine at Bmw Welt in Munich, I instantly disliked it, never looked at them again, UNTIL I saw the first Urban sat on dealer forecourt the day I collected my new June 17 Rallye, I said to handover dealer “not now but book me in for a ride on that Urban”
Never looked back after buying the demo a week later, nearly a divorce but she’s forgiven me, cost me a new ladies Breitling tho..

I had a ride on a friends Urban the other week, he’s updated the rear shock, fitted road tyres, grip puppies & cheap Chinese foot pegs, bar risers, the 2 bikes are chalk & cheese for a bit of tinkering & not stupid money spent..

I suppose compared to other bikes in the range they’re not particularly practical - no hard luggage and no weather protection without a fair bit of mods. You are also paying quite rich money for the old twincam engine, with no development costs to recoup. They were a fashionable item and fashions die out - not that it’s not a decent bike, but people will always buy the GS and RT versions for the total package. I had one (Pure I think) as a loan once - better gearbox than the LC, engine felt smoother but suspension was very harsh and seat was like a plank of wood. Seriously though - a bike with no fuel gauge or rev counter in 2018!

It does have a fuel gauge, in the speedo digital display.

There are some bargain used bikes out there with low miles, and it's not difficult or expensive to sort most of the shortcomings and turn it into a cracking fun bike that will do more than a run to the coffee shop. GS owners are happy to spend a fortune on farkles, but somehow seem to baulk at the cost of sorting the seat, suspension and screen on a NineT.

Back
Top Bottom