East Mids. Breakfast Meet, Portland Fishing Lakes, 18th August 2018 ~

David Nimrod

Reality you can rely on...
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Back to the Fishing Lakes, for an excellent Breakfast

Any time after 9.00am, it's open until 12.00.

Portland Fishing Lakes,
Longhedge Lane,
Sibthorpe,
Newark Notts,
NG23 5PN.

See you there :thumb2

Are you going to sit there and wait expectantly between 9am and midday?

The only reason I’m asking is that I’ve agreed to drop my wife off at Huntingdon station around 8am and I’ve got an opticians appointment at midday so if it’s a nice day I could drop her off, drive back home, grab a bike, ride up for a breakfast then ride back to pick up my new specs killing a morning as I do so.

Are you going to sit there and wait expectantly between 9am and midday?

The only reason I’m asking is that I’ve agreed to drop my wife off at Huntingdon station around 8am and I’ve got an opticians appointment at midday so if it’s a nice day I could drop her off, drive back home, grab a bike, ride up for a breakfast then ride back to pick up my new specs killing a morning as I do so.

I hope to be there but I am never the first there (usually Duncan).

Many stay, catch up and chew the fat long after eating their breakfast.

As many people travel a fair distance the time window is helpful.

Gerry

Right then. Apparently I need to drop the wife off at Huntingdon station at 08:40 on Saturday morning so that means I’ll be home by 09:00

I can get a bike out and be away in 15 minutes then an hour to Sibthorpe so allow a bit for going scenic and a realistic expectation would be 10:30 getting off the bike and ordering a breakfast.

Unless something goes drastically wrong I’ll plan to be there, say hello, scoff a quick breakfast then head off to be in Huntingdon to pick up my new specs at midday. Easy :thumb2

Blown out by train cancellations and feeling sorry for my wife. She decided to be generous to me and get to the station by 8am to catch the 08:20 train so I dropped her off and headed for home. Halfway back the phone went and like a fool I answered it. Apparently trains are disrupted today so she was going to miss her connection at Peterborough so would I go back, pick her up and drive her to Peterborough :blast

I finally got home at 09:30 so by the time I’d got the bike out, got my bike kit on and ridden to get my breakfast I’d have had to turn straight back to go to the optician.

Another day then.

Thanks to whoever picked up my specs and left them on the wall for me to find - Appreciated.:beerjug:

A brilliant turn out (well over twenty bikes), a good breakfast, and most importantly excellent company...

Another excellent get together - thanks for organising it....good to catch up with friends old and new! :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom