Anyone tried Conti Road Attack 3 on their RT

Got some being fitted onto my 1150RT on 9 April. I had it confirmed from the Conti rep that the front tyre takes the GT variant - rear is non GT. Will report back.

Good luck with the RA3 probably fitting a pair to my RT1200 next week though they specify the GT version front and rear for my model, had a double take when you said GT front, standard rear seemed unusual but yes you are right, interesting but for the Metzler 01 and Pirell Angel they specify standard front and heavy weight rear for my RT1200. Running Metzler 01 at the moment very good tyre same grip as PR4 but more sporty feel, also tempted by the new Angel GT 2 coming out now.

Well they're on. Absolutely petrifying first 10 miles, I thought the rear wheel bolts must be loose, the shimmying and weaving was so bad. Stopped to check tyre pressures, the idiot fitter had put 42psi in the front and 46psi in the rear! "Yeah, I've done it by the book," he said. I'm a lot happier with them now they're both 10 psi lower, will experiment with running them at 36/42 later. Haven't run them in the wet.

Quick update, had a pair of Pirelli Angel GT II's fitted last week to my 2013 RT1200 (standard front and A version rear). Had a long ride out at the weekend all manner of roads and whilst no experience of wet capability yet absolutely phenomenal in the dry. I originally moved from PR4's to Metzler 01's and whilst grip and longevity were quite similar the 01 was the more sports feeling tyre (got 8,500 miles out of 01). The Pirelli takes that feedback further and I felt I was on rails, just so smooth and planted, one of the best tyres I have experienced. Will be interesting to read what the press have to say about it but so far wow, thoroughly recommended. Would add photo but not sure how to do that sorry.

I finally got the Conti Road Attack 3 GT’s on before a recent trip to the Pico’s..
After 2,000 mile I got to say I’m very happy with them so far, turn in is good, grip levels in both wet and dry are very reassuring.
They got the seal of approval over in Spain, when my good lady commented that I must like them as she thinks I now lean the bike a lot more, and no kidney punches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom