Lightweight summer jacket recommendations please.

BillWright

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

As per title, decided to buy a light, vented and armoured jacket to replace my Klim during this heat.

I was going for a BMW jacket, but quite frankly the colours must have been chosen by Stevie Wonder.

Open the vents in the Klim if same as streetguard 4, take out winter lining, get a good wicker teeshirt, Rukka is good I just got one, and you will be cooler than riding with a jacket that the air blows through and dries you to the bone.

Done all that, got the jacket half undone and its just to heavy and hot.

Revit AirWave 2 works for me. It's better than having the zips open on my HG textile jacket, but it's still bloody hot.

A17 yesterday. Couple on a 'sports' bike passed me >65 .........both wearing tee shirts and shorts:eek:

Just bought a Knox urbane off a member on here. Used it for the 1st time today with a base layer and it was a God send.

I've got a BMW Airflow jacket I really ought to sell, fab vented jacket with all the usual protection ... it's a size 48 though so one for the slim-Jims! Give me a shout if you're not a fatty :beerjug:

Open the vents in the Klim if same as streetguard 4, take out winter lining, get a good wicker teeshirt, Rukka is good I just got one, and you will be cooler than riding with a jacket that the air blows through and dries you to the bone.

Obviously all the manufacturers are completely wrong and there's no point in manufacturing summer jackets because we can wear our winter gear with the vents open :blast I know which I prefer :cool:

I've got a BMW Airflow jacket I really ought to sell, fab vented jacket with all the usual protection ... it's a size 48 though so one for the slim-Jims! Give me a shout if you're not a fatty :beerjug:

I'm an old fashioned 48 inch chest, which I assume was manly when I was a boy, but is fattyist now

Obviously all the manufacturers are completely wrong and there's no point in manufacturing summer jackets because we can wear our winter gear with the vents open :blast I know which I prefer :cool:

Not saying they are wrong because the have to sell something, just saying what works for me when riding, however when I stop must take jacket off as, then it is to hot, but no problem for riding long distance, and never got dehydrated, just my opinion, everyone to his own.

Back
Top Bottom